VGA Driver for Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

subroto_digit

Broken In
Dear All,

My Computer config is
Intel D845 GLLY Motherboad, Processor 1.7, 512 MB Ram, 160 GB HDD

Recently I have installed Windows Vista - Ulitmate. However I am unable to load any grphics driver since the existing driver cd that I have works only upto winxp.

I have also searched the net, but could not find any.

Can anyone please help me out how to get the VGA Driver for Windows Vista in respect of Intel D845 GLLY Motherboad.

Many thanks in advance

With Best Regard

Subroto

The graphics solution (Intel Extreme Graphics) on your motherboard does not supports Windows Vista officially. Thats why intel does not have Vista specific (WDDM) drivers for it. But XP drivers (XPDM) should work just fine. What error are you getting on installling XP drivers on it? And in my openion, you dont have to intsall any drivers coz Windows Vista already contains drivers for this board.

Also note, that you won't be able to run the Premium AERO interface on your system unless you add an external graphics solution. Intel's Integrated Graphics can only support AERO starting from the 945 Chipset. Upto 915, AERO support is not available.

vikasg03

Journeyman
Yes ,even i am also facing the same problem. after installation only 4 color mode was present. I also find out vista not support m/b before 945. My M/B is 845 GVSR . finally i remove the vista

^Ya i guess the solution given in that thread will work for him. After installing both the chipset as well as Graphics drivers, it will work out fine. His chipset is also a 845G chipset.

@Subroto: Try the solution given at the end of the thread pointed by mkmkmk, the one by infra_red_dude. It will help you for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom