Which is the better Laptop??

• Dell Inspiron 14R 5420

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • HP Pavilion G6 2049tx

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

powerstarprince

In the zone
I want to buy a 14" laptop and have zeroed upon these two brands...

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

*www8.hp.com/in/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5336738

Which one of these should i buy?? Dell or HP
Is the gt 630m in inspiron better than 7670m in hp? (Heard 630m comes in two variants - one is rebranded 540m while other is rebranded 550m)
Which of the two has better build quality, heats less and makes less noise during load??
Overall factor ??

7670m is better than 630m. 630m is just rebranded 540m only!!!
At what price are u getting these laptops ??

I will advise u to get Win8 for Rs 2000 if u planning to buy HP

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
The HP laptop costs around 39k and comes without OS while the DELL laptop is priced around 41-42k comes with Windows 8. Do u have any idea about the present geforce gpu in inspiron 14r? I heard that the new one comes in 28nm size and also might be a rebranded 550m not sure though.:|

The HP laptop costs around 39k and comes without OS while the DELL laptop is priced around 41-42k comes with Windows 8. Do u have any idea about the present geforce gpu in inspiron 14r? I heard that the new one comes in 28nm size and also might be a rebranded 550m not sure though.:|

Get the HP one & buy Windows 8 Pro for Rs 2000.
630M is rebranded 540M only....
Check this

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Thanks for ur suggestion anupam.. before deciding it well i would like to know if the i3 3110m with gt 630m in dell will be good enough to play some recent games.
Also which of the two laptops has a better build quality, heats less ??

I'm sorry i have entered it as G6 in poll options ... should correct it to G4 .

Spec wise HP is better, also cost effective....
I don't think there should be heating problem in both the laptops but still search for reviews in Google :mrgreen:

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
I haven't found any proper reviews after searching for them.. only major difference is dell laptop has to be ordered which takes like 10 days and this process is new to me while hp can be bought in a retail shop. I looked at dell one in showroom , was not too good than what i expected and there was no g4 to decide in between.

i'll probably go for g4 if it has no heating issues and runs cool & relatively quiet even at full load. Also it comes with DOS and i don't have a win 7 cd. Can i download 64-bit iso online, copy it into a dvd and then boot install it ?? and use serial key of my friend's copy?

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Are there any good 14 inch sony vaio models with graphic card >= 7670m and price around Rs 45k or less?? I happen to see lenovo's new models releasing into the market z400 and y400 having better config and also quite cheap ( starting prices are 32k on some websites ). Do u think they are that cheap or available below 45k?

Are there any good 14 inch sony vaio models with graphic card >= 7670m and price around Rs 45k or less?? I happen to see lenovo's new models releasing into the market z400 and y400 having better config and also quite cheap ( starting prices are 32k on some websites ). Do u think they are that cheap or available below 45k?

Sony has laptops with 7650M GPU, which is not even better than 630M. So get HP. This one has great looks, great screen resolution but still, its pricey !!

i'll probably go for g4 if it has no heating issues and runs cool & relatively quiet even at full load. Also it comes with DOS and i don't have a win 7 cd. Can i download 64-bit iso online, copy it into a dvd and then boot install it ?? and use serial key of my friend's copy?

No, you can't download 64 bit iso without buying(piracy ??). Try to get WinXP, Vista or 7 from somewhere & buy Win8 Pro upgrade for Rs 2000(actually 1999). After buying, you can download the iso file & use it to do a fresh install or upgrade. One key can be used for activating windows in one PC only.(You can format your PC multiple times using same key in same PC!!)

Last edited:
OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
Should i go for windows 7 instead? Heard that half of the games aren't playable on win 8, there is no full driver support yet. Read it is much better on touch screen devices and tablets.

OP
powerstarprince

powerstarprince

In the zone
@anupam can u tell me where i can buy win 8 pro upgrade? I searched some shops to get the original cd n they said its around 6k. btw from where can i download win 8 pro iso and does the installation only needs product key to get activated or something else?

Win8 for Rs2000

You will get disc for around 3.5k. Check Flipkart.
Iso is provided when you start downloading Win8 after purchase. After purchase you will also get product key

Top Bottom