Using DVD-ROM in another computer for installation

Hi Friends

I recently bought a new Dell laptop for personal use. I want to install Office 2010 Home and Student Edition in it. I have the Office 2010 DVD but unfortunately, my laptop does not have a DVD ROM. Can I can share my DVD ROM of my desktop and use it for installation? I use Windows 7 starter edition in both my laptop and desktop. Can you advise me any other method which I can use to install Office 2010 in my laptop without DVD ROM? TIA

Rajesh345

Youngling
Hi Friends

I recently bought a new Dell laptop for personal use. I want to install Office 2010 Home and Student Edition in it. I have the Office 2010 DVD but unfortunately, my laptop does not have a DVD ROM. Can I can share my DVD ROM of my desktop and use it for installation? I use Windows 7 starter edition in both my laptop and desktop. Can you advise me any other method which I can use to install Office 2010 in my laptop without DVD ROM? TIA

Desktop : Insert Office DVD > Right click Drive > Sharing>Share> Adv sharing > tick> Share this folder

Connect ur Desktop to ur Laptop directly via CAT5/Ethernet cable

on both Desktop and lap : go to Network > Local area connection > PC(assign a IP add eg 10.10.10.10 ) on ur laptop 10.10.10.11 IP )

Now to go ur laptop type "\\10.10.10.10" on ur run window(winkey+R)

U will see ur Desktop office installation > installall as usual

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can easily make a bootable USB drive, if you have a 4 GB pen drive.
And no guide can be as easy and complete then this:
Install Windows 7 Or Windows 8 From USB Drive/Pen Drive

PS: I have tried it, and it works flawlessly.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Dude. OP did mentioned he doesn't have a pen drive. But a nice way to bump up threads!
(sarcasm)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Create an ISO image of the DVD using Daemon Tools free.

Transfer it to the other other computer using your pen drive. Install Daemon Tools and "mount" that ISO image onto the virtual optical drive.

Top Bottom