User reviews on Micromax Android OS phones in the range of 4.5k - 7k

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
Are the Android based Micromax phones priced in the range of about 4.5k - 7k worth buying for someone who is venturing into Android for the first time on a fixed budget but looking for using mostly IM & social networking apps like Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Hike and occasional internet browsing. Not too much into games. Decent level of multitasking is a must as I am aware that these are mostly bundled with 256 MB RAM whereas most suggest 512 MB RAM for smoother operation. Suggestions from all are welcome both who have used these phones or known people using them. Thanks :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
when getting a mobile from indian brand with ~5k pricetag just check a few thing: internal memory is 2-4GB, there is 3G, display resolution is 480X800 (this is true for sub 5k mobiles also nowadays). and lastly, bigger battery the better though most mobiles only pack 1600mah battery unless it is a phablet.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Micromax A89 Ninja Hardcore GAMING REVIEW HD by Gadgets Portal - YouTube

Micromax a89 is a powerful phone in your budget, though you are not into gaming but check above gaming test of that mobile, :) even in applications you won't notice any lag.

OP
Kev.Ved

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
Thanks Sam & RON28 for the insights. I have thought of Micromax A89 too due to ICS, its memory specs and it scores well on all parameters but as Sam suggested the battery backup could be low as it packs 1450mah battery and has a 3.97" screen. Nevertheless at such a price tag one can't sit and crib of one flaw which could be overcome to an extent.
If Sony Xperia Tipo price can drop a bit in a month or two I can consider it too and stretch the budget. Any views about the flaws regarding its touch and speaker echo which are reported elsewhere?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If Sony Xperia Tipo price can drop a bit in a month or two I can consider it too and stretch the budget. Any views about the flaws regarding its touch and speaker echo which are reported elsewhere?

my friend have it and his main complain is that it is slow. Reason being that all of these mobiles have Cortex A5 based processor and hence lags and feels slow (Xperia Miro, J, Desire V, C, Galaxy S Duos). And also these mobiles ship with Android 4.0.

diagus

Journeyman
how is alcatel mobile are they good than indian brands
i heard they are launching gellybean phone under 5k
with 1 ghz processor/512 ram
Alcatel OT 4005D/one Touch S pop

Top Bottom