User information with email address?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hello All,
Someone has been sending bogus information about my cousin & her co-worker to their HR and she is really worried about it.
Is it possible to find the person/identity behind the mail address?
Any email address upon creation will ask for an alternate mail id & a mobile number, can we get those info with just the mail id?

Where do I start with/any online resources available for the same?

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contact email service provider from where email was sent(e.g. gmail has this):
I would like to report a Gmail user who has sent messages that violate the Gmail Program Policies and/or Terms of Use. - Gmail Help

For identity information though,you will have to have some court/police authorization(aka you need to file a case under cyber security(make sure you select a cyber crime police station for this)/women harassment).

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Wild guess follows:
Maybe try: forget password. Ask to send mail to alternate number/email. Gmail may show the last 2-3 digits and numbers of the phone or email. Save these and compare these characters with entries in your contacts , the office contact list etc. Since the contact list is going to be short , it may help find or atleast narrow down .

Last edited:
OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Wild guess follows:
Maybe try: forget password. Ask to send mail to alternate number/email. Gmail may show the last 2-3 digits and numbers of the phone or email. Save these and compare these characters with entries in your contacts , the office contact list etc. Since the contact list is going to be short , it may help find or atleast narrow down .
Tried these options couldn't narrow down the search.

Decided to take the legal route through a known source, but this will also be effective only after the election is over.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only way as you have guessed already is the legal route. Another effective way is there : just make the sender's e-mail address public and he / she will know why not to harass somebody via e-mail.

Making it public will surely help identify the owner of the address much quicker and easier. Add a short description like how the sender is just harassing one of your relative ... no more information needed.

Top Bottom