USEFUL TO EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

Hello I’am planning to upgrade my PC. The first time I bought a computer I got cheated by an assembler. Like, he never gave us the warranty cards. all the components were already there in the cpu . we wanted him to bring all the box packet components and assemble it right in front of us but he didn’t. we never got the P3 sticker. When asked, he said that the sticker was not present in the intel box. After somedays use, the computer gave problems. The cpu made a humming sound. Even now it does. And the cdrom drive made a lot of noise whenever I put a cd in it. this time I don’t want to get cheated. Will anyone please give me some tips on how to get what I pay for? This is a very common problem in India.

Tech&ME

Banned
Well! the best advice in this case is , better switch for a branded PC. Hopefully a HCL PC. You will get all the stickers + Manuals + Drivers CDs, etc + PEACE OF MIND + Also you get on-site warranty ( they have the largest network of service centre in India).

a.dg

Right off the assembly line
:? Mr Nix,,

u got cheated . we understood ur condition ,, u should post here details about ur shop & assemler, so at least other brothers will not suffer. :wink:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
nix yes u r right that happnes in india.

but we need to be careful in your case I think he has put an old used CD Rom or something.
You must insist on installing the components in front of u and IF possible take a guy with you who has good knowledge of hardware.
to distiguish b/wn the new and old u can notice a signature at the corner of the hardware if the signature is already present then he is terying to fool u.... hope this tips help u and one more thing try contacting people who have PC's and from where they brought etc... and then take out the cash

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Just buy the peripherals box packed.
Have the vendor open the packin in ur presence for markin.
Go home.
N assemble.

theraven

Technomancer
im not sure he can assemble itself .. or he wouldve in the first place ;)
anyways most of the shops selling hardware assemble it for u now for nominal costs
so just ask ard the next time

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
New comp

Well, the best thing to do is assemble it yourself or get a neighborhood geek to do it for you. In case you cant do that, the next best thing to do is to walk in to a computer store, I'm sure there are areas for comp shops in your city. You can walk in there, state your specs, pick the hardware and they usually assemble it for you right then and there. The prices are good, you can be assured that the system is working right and you get bills and all the warranty stuff. Some places do it for free; some charge another 200 or so for it. This way is more safe than trusting unknown assemblers. Of course, if you want the best "peace of mind", go in for a branded PC. True, you won't be able to choose the hardware and the prices quoted are more than what you get if you assemble (but not by a really huge margin) but atleast you get a support number and someone "tries" to fix the problem for free within the warranty period. :D

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
go for a branded pc man as then u wont have any hassle or trouble of going to vendors , calling techs etc.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
mariner said:
go for a branded pc man as then u wont have any hassle or trouble of going to vendors , calling techs etc.

No offense dude, but when was the last time you had to call a branded PCs support line. I've had an HP myself and when my HDD failed, I called them (this was in 2001, I guess) A guy came and wiped out a 20gig secondary backup HDD that I had put in. He popped in a "new" HDD and before he had gone down one flight of stairs, the drive had breathed its last. And those guys wanted 7000 bucks for a 128 meg SDRAM stick that I could get on the market for 1500. :evil: My friend had a brand new HCL whose CD drive went kaput when he popped in a CD. Unfortunately, it was MY CD and the only thing that he could recover was small pieces that looked nothing like a CD. The service tech came after a week and told him that my friend had damaged the drive by "popping the CD in upside down" and charged him 800 bucks for a replacement. And this was supposed to be under warranty. Oh, did I mention a Compaq Care guy who fried another friend's mobo while trying to install new memory? :D Let's face it, buddy, the service branded PC guys give here is not what the call center guys here give to other countries. I'd day your heart and wallet would bleed less if you went to a store and asked them to assemble it for you rather than get a branded PC. But then, that's just me. :D

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
i had HCL branded PC
believe me ... i didnt had a good experience with it.

branded pcs are good .. but when it comes to repairs ...
it seriously sux
it'll take ages to replace!!!!

local reputed assembler or assembling yourself is always a good option..
i accept that nix had a bad experience
but im sure lots of ppl can share their bad experiences about assembled pcs

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well well this was suggested only bcos mr.nix seems to be a newbie and wont have much experience. so initially a branded pc seems like a good thing till he knows all the tricks of the trade

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
mariner said:
well well this was suggested only bcos mr.nix seems to be a newbie and wont have much experience. so initially a branded pc seems like a good thing till he knows all the tricks of the trade

Yeah, buddy, I understand, but it looks so awful when a branded company cheats its customers so, especially the ones who believe whatever those guys tell them because they're not that computer-aware. :( I mean, they buy branded PCs in the first place so that they can get the support and when that is denied to them, it SUX big time. In the end, they come to us anyway for help and its so horrible when the realization dawns on their faces.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
@mariner..
ur right. if nix is really a newbie then may be he can go for a branded pc
but all he will get is authentic components nothing else!!

@nix
get a friend who's good at comp-funda and assemble is urself
or look for a better reputed vendor..
nothing more we can do

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
yes..!! Dear all friends

branded pc is very very bad..!!

and

assemble very good..!!

becoz..!!

u can lear many thing..!! from it..!!

and if u face any problem in branded pc and if persion is come from

company ..!! most of he dont know any thing about trabalshoot ..!!

he know only "ask for recovery cd."

reinstall whole os..!! that it..!!

and u never get software support..!!

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
did neone check out that link for the hardware video tutorial in the techarena?

i downloaded all of them. pretty cool stuff for newbies going for new builds

i_say_hello

Broken In
These are your solutions
1. Buy a branded PC
2. Buy the parts indidually and assemble them (or get it assembled)
Its cheaper but you won't get any warranty except for some parts
maybe
3. I wouldn't worry about the cd drive if i were u. a lot of drives make
a lot of noise
4. Check if the CPU fan is installed properly. (it might not be)
5. Take u'r PC back and DEMAND an explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom