Useful Freewares...

enigmatic.manas

Broken In
hey akshay,keep the good work.thanks for giving so much information to us.

do u have any idea about good p2p software.......i know about limewire........

........anything beside that

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I personally dont use any p2p s/w. coz of several reasons...

But if I have to recommend, it wud b Kazaa & limewire. Dont go for
warez p2p as many of my frndz ended up downloading spywares,
malwares n viruses...

Else u can try torrents like utorrent, bit torrent, etc. There r several threads
at thinkdigit which will help u select d best torrent

enigmatic.manas

Broken In
hey akshay can u help me.............i am new to this technology............what is exactly a torrent.....what is its use......how is it used....where can i get one?plz help

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Try these links:

Tutorial part 2:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28155&highlight=TORRENT

Torrents & Dialup:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26411&highlight=TORRENT

Others:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26011&highlight=TORRENT
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23472&highlight=TORRENT
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19590&highlight=TORRENT

Best torrent clients:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10797&highlight=TORRENT

U can again search at thinkdigit if u want to know abt performance of
a particular torrent prg.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Mouse Gesture (for firefox):

Allows you to execute common commands (like page forward/backward, close tab, new tab) by mouse gestures drawn over the current webpage, without reaching for the toolbar or the keyboard.

You can also use click-only "rocker" gestures which are even faster than drawn gestures.

*releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/extensions/mouse_gestures/mouse_gestures-1.5-fx+mz+zm+tb.xpi

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
MSN Messenger Live! (Internet Tools)

MSN Messenger presents itself this time with all new looks and totally upgraded feel. This version offers you more features and with advances over the already exiting one. Have audio or video chats with your MSN contacts. You can even share files or folders with each other. Download and install to make all your chats alive with MSN Messenger Live!

*download.microsoft.com/download/6/...eb-0fc2ccbde1b7/EN/Install_Messenger_Beta.exe

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Burn4Free CD & DVD 2.3

Burn4Free is a freeware utility to burn CDs or DVDs. It is compatible with most of the popular CD/DVD burners available. The drives supported include dual-layer DVD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM (SCSI, IDE, EIDE, and USB 1.0 and 2.0). Burn/Backup data and audio with just a few clicks. Audio formats supported are WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, FLAC, WavPack, and CDA. You can also open, burn, and save ISO's as well.

*www.simone1.191.it/burn4free/download/burn4free_setup.exe

enigmatic.manas

Broken In
first of all sorry akshay for replying so late but i am thankful to u for providing me information regarding torrents and also for contributing important information to the forum........u r g8 man...........keep it up....by the way from where did u get all this information??????

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Thnx manas...

Well I get all dis info frm the net & magazines.. So I jus feel I shud share
it with others...

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
HDD Low-Level Format Tool 2.36.1181

This freeware utility will let you do a Low-Level format on your HDD. It will format your HDD and re-certify a SATA, IDE, or SCSI hard-disk drive with any size of up to 262144 GB. This utility works with external USB or Firewire HDD; Flash Cards are supported as well. This Low-Level Formatting will erase partitions and every bit of user-data.

*hddguru.com/download/software/HDDGURU-Low-Level-Format-Tool/LLFsetup.2.36.1181.exe

Last edited:
OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Beamfile

Beamfile is a very user friendly file transfer utility. It lets you transfer large files. You can send files up to 5 GB in size. The file transfer is very fast, it's safe and secure. Beamfile uploads the file to a central server, sends a notification via email to the receiving party. The file can then be easily downloaded.

*www.beamfile.com/BeamFile.exe

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
World Cup 2006 Countdown & Organizer

The football scene is hotting up with the 2006 World Cup just around the corner, commencing in a couple of days. This software will help you make sure that you don't miss any of the action. You get the whole schedule with timely updates via internet on the latest wins, goals scored, etc. You can also organize your schedule for the day. Guys, don't worry about not being on time for the game. Be ready with your pack of pop-corn and a can of coke to sit back and enjoy the matches. Let the games begin!

*www.eyesore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/download/WC06_Setup.zip

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
MSN/Yahoo Message Archive Decoder/Viewer

MSN/Yahoo Message Archive Decoder enables you to view MSN/Yahoo chat logs. No, this is not a run-of-the-mill archive tool that archives your online
activities; it empowers you to keep a check on other's online activities.Isn't it something!!! How amazing will it be to be able to keep a check on your
spouse, kids, your nagging boss, or that over ambitious colleague? Yeah! With MSN/Yahoo Message Archive Decoder/Viewer you sure can do that. You can have the access to anybody and everybody's chat logs. It doesn't require a password to view the chat logs. You can secretly turn on archiving option and spy on his/her conversations. You can even view the chat logs from a different computer or print copies of the chat logs.

*www.fakewebcam.com/download/mymasetup.exe

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
i tried the freewares u said but they are not free like
Dynadvance Mail notifier
Internet Speed Detector
Gmail in Trillian

so next time be careful u say whether they are free to use or free to download....

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
u r rite rakesh dynadvance n speedmeter pro r not freewares... But I have used gmail in trillian without having to pay or register... Dunno... Post edited...

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
DeskTask

DeskTask connects to Microsoft Outlook and displays your calendar and task items on the desktop. It displays Calendar items in the current week(next 14 days) and the items you may have in your Outlook task list. The window is pinned to your desktop and is transparent, having no impact if you have a wallpaper.

*www.carthagosoft.net/desktask.zip

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Adobe Reader SpeedUp:

Adobe Reader SpeedUp is a simple application that was created to help make the loading time of Adobe's Acrobat/Reader software bearable for everyday use. AR SpeedUp only needs to be used once (a process taking only a few seconds) and then your 'Reader will be transformed forever.

*www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/getfile.php?id=arsu (232KB only)

Top Bottom