USB to USB data tranfer Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillnow

Broken In
I bought a USB to USB data transfer cable, I got a cd with it which installed pc-linq, but i can't seem to get it work with my laptop which has windows vista. Is there some special cable needed for vista-xp transfer, or am i just in need for some drivers?

Is the pc linq driver sufficent?

thanks

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Check if you have the correct drivers installed for both vista and xp.

Sometimes this just happens. I haven't really found out why. But for the convenience of PC Linq when it works, it's worth sticking with it.

Try any or all of the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of PC-Linq running on both PCs. Click Help > About and it should say Version 1.64. If not, get the latest version via the link above.

2. Shutdown PC-Linq on both computers (if you have a task manager, use this to check that the application is truly shut down), unplug the cable, wait 10 seconds, plug the cable in again (using different USB sockets if available), Restart PC Linq.

3. As above, but shut down the PCs as well before restarting everything

4. Uninstall and reinstall PC-Linq on both computers.

Link

if you have a Ethernet port in you PC and as well as in your lappy then just use a crosscrimped(corssover) cable and setup network. This wil be more simple.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ actually the usb 2 usb cable is used if u just want PnP.. No settings needed unlike a crossed rj45..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
pathiks said:
^^ actually the usb 2 usb cable is used if u just want PnP.. No settings needed unlike a crossed rj45..

:confused: no need of drivers or custom softwares? :confused:

OP
C

chillnow

Broken In
I checked. pclinq is ver 1.64. and i have tried reinstalling everything and restarting. what correct drivers do i need for xp or vista?

i wonder if there is a compatibility issue with vista and pc linq or the cable.

thnks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom