USB Hub Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Broken In
I have recently bought a 4-port USB hub. While buying I had in mind that I would be capable to use 4 USB devices simultaneously. It refers to as plug-n-play and didnot come with any drivers.

The problem I am having is that only one of the four ports responds when I plug in a USB device and it gets detected but after that when I plug in other 3 USB devices in the other 3 ports they are not detected. To simplify the USB hub works with anyone of the ports but not all 4 simultaneously.

Is there any problem ?? What should I do ? Please instruct.

shantanu

Technomancer
this is a USB power error !

as your USB is taking power from a single port and distributing it in four ports , so the thing is thatit cannot provide full needed power to all the devices and they dont work.. and when connecting one by one they get full power ..

So right click on my computer and go to properties , then under hardware click device manager .. then go to the last option that is Universal serial bus

then click on UsB hub options one by one and see which one is your port (on which you have used 1 to 4 hub) {first connect atleast two devices into the hub}

you will come to know then in power management it will show you how many ports are used , if there is a error generated then you will come to know there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom