USB CONTROLLER PROB any one could solve this one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i have an system windows xp service pack 2 . i am using a tech-com infra red usb device to connect to my cell phones. but the problem now is after i have installed service pack 2 i am unable to install the driver . its showing a
" ? " symbol in the usb controller device . i tried to install driver from the given cd but in vain... i am using a gigabyte motherboard. i have tried to download 3-4 usb irda drivers but it is not taking those files

ANY ONE COULD SOLVE MY PROBLEM....?????? desperate for a solution.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm... i think u need to have atlist SP1 for XP to work with any USB device....

when u didnt have SP2 how can u install that USB device in the 1st place.... maybe i am wrong...

but tell us whether u had SP1 installed or not when that device was working....

saROMan

QA Juggler
saurav_cheeta said:
humm... i think u need to have atlist SP1 for XP to work with any USB device....

when u didnt have SP2 how can u install that USB device in the 1st place.... maybe i am wrong...

but tell us whether u had SP1 installed or not when that device was working....

Bud he has mentioned he has SP2 ???? what r u talkin bout??

well i donno much bout Infrared..but if problem is in USB drive then i may help u...

BTW if u have XP and Sp2 u dont need any drivers for it..Xp detects USB without drivers...plz go to services.msc-> and check if Universal Plug and Play Device Host and Plug and Play services are running or not......if u get the "?" in the Device Manager after inserting the USB then see if the USB connector is loose or not and Tiny Light on USB Drive starts or not....if not try it on Other PC and any other USB on ur PC..to chk if fault is in ur Drive or in the Port of ur mobo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom