Urgently require laptop

Which of these companies are good for gaming laptops?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
Hey everyone... I'm planning on buying a laptop within the next 3-4 days... I'd like some suggestions
Here's the questionaire

Code:
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60k ( but it's ok upto 70k )    INR ofcourse :P

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
preferably 14" or 15" only
comparatively light weight

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell (I'd prefer HP though)
b. Dislike: none

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? 
Programming
Gaming
Media transcoding
Photoshopping
watching movies
etc.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
as high as possible
matte if possible

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
i don't mind the laptop not having an OS... i'm probably gonna put Ubuntu or OpenSUSE on it...

thanx in advance

PS: I put the code tags coz i find it easier to read when the questionaire is in a slightly separate box... would any other tag do same effect w/o putting the "Code:" on top?

OP
C

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
@Gtb93, Thanks...

but can you suggest a HP laptop? or are they not good for my purposes?

also, how about build quality and cooling issues with the ones you have mentioned... i've heard they heat up quite a lot (or maybe i'm mistaken)...

dsmarty

Journeyman
@Gtb93, Thanks...

but can you suggest a HP laptop? or are they not good for my purposes?

also, how about build quality and cooling issues with the ones you have mentioned... i've heard they heat up quite a lot (or maybe i'm mistaken)...

I have lenovo and it does not heat up. Not sure about Dell, but it should be good too.
Samsung is crap.

Samsung NP550P5C S03IN
My friend has s02in, which runs cool if not gaming. Speakers are great, has sub woofer. It just lacks Backlit keyboard.

Don't go for Lenovo Z580

OP
C

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
whoa... i just got 2 messages that say contradictory things...

i'm confused now... :(

what about the dell one (i like the specs but no one says they have it or that they have experience that it is good)? or how about hp (no one suggested any hp laptop... why?)...

Last edited:

saaransh9

Journeyman
whoa... i just got 2 messages that say contradictory things...

i'm confused now... :(

what about the dell one (i like the specs but no one says they have it or that they have experience that it is good)? or how about hp (no one suggested any hp laptop... why?)...

actually there are more than 20 owners of 15r turbo n a separate thread for it.

i myself have a 15r turbo i7 4gb ram n what i think is u cant get anything better than that..no overheating nothing its the best....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/158133-dell-inspiron-14r-15r-17r-turbo-laptop-thread-83.html#post1814325

Gtb93

In the zone
Here's my take.
Samsung model has well known heating issues when gaming for long periods, but the newer variants, ie. s04/s03 have much, much lesser reports of overheating etc, you can always refer to the NP550p5c thread here in tdf and get in touch with the users. There's also a facebook group mentioned in the thread.

Dell, however has probably zero-heating up reviews. The only thing is the price is a bit higher than samsung, plus the 650M in the samsung variant is slightly better than the 7730M in the Dell.

Lenovo, imho is overpriced, and I'd suggest you take a look at the above two, OR play the waiting game, and hope this new year there are more laptops in this range coming out. There are rumours about an s05, although I don't think there will be any major changes.

HP also has a few models, but the GPU in them is weaker than both the Dell & Samsung variants, and still in the same price range.

Samsung NP550P5C S03IN
My friend has s02in, which runs cool if not gaming. Speakers are great, has sub woofer. It just lacks Backlit keyboard.

Don't go for Lenovo Z580

You can check Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo with FHD screen. Its good, but costs 65k, has weaker GPU, heavier(2.75kg vs 2.5kg) than Samsung's but it has FHD screen & Backlit keyboard.

I'm also going to buy a laptop(budget 60k) soon. I figured out that S03IN is better than others.

OP
C

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
thanks everyone, i'm still undecided but the FHD and backlit keyboard is a sure bonus... a slightly weaker GPU, i can make do...
maybe dell is what i'm thinking now... but only thing.. is it worth? i mean value for money...

also, what about durability (the laptop itself)... i've heard that HP laptops last longer... maybe i'm mistaken but that's what some of my friends have told me...
i'm not gonna be changing or upgrading my laptop for pretty long, so i want one that will last atleast till then... maybe it cannot play the latest games then but it shouldn't feel like a sluggish 8086 after a few years... :p
but i think that with almost similar specs, most of these should manage hardware wise... only thing is the outer case and the screen...

also, i don't think i can play the waiting game... i'm gonna be needing the laptop pretty soon now....

thanx again... :)

.jRay.

Youngling
I don't see why not z580 , I found no problems with it, its got no heating issues, great build, good speakers, and an overall good performance.

saaransh9

Journeyman
thanks everyone, i'm still undecided but the FHD and backlit keyboard is a sure bonus... a slightly weaker GPU, i can make do...
maybe dell is what i'm thinking now... but only thing.. is it worth? i mean value for money...

also, what about durability (the laptop itself)... i've heard that HP laptops last longer... maybe i'm mistaken but that's what some of my friends have told me...
i'm not gonna be changing or upgrading my laptop for pretty long, so i want one that will last atleast till then... maybe it cannot play the latest games then but it shouldn't feel like a sluggish 8086 after a few years... :p
but i think that with almost similar specs, most of these should manage hardware wise... only thing is the outer case and the screen...

also, i don't think i can play the waiting game... i'm gonna be needing the laptop pretty soon now....

thanx again... :)

its all about how u maintain it actually hp is known for heating issues. now main thing i have three laptops hp dm4 acer5736 n dell 15r turbo.dell is brand new hp 2yr old n acer 3.5 yr old.

n about build quality hp has better built quality but inferior specs with more price but dell have superior specs with lower price n a gud build quality(nt excellent).
but its all abt maintenance recently my brothers laptop hp one's hinge broke n it asked for 11K to repair it n i was like ohhh **** but then i got a mseal n joined it with it n it works like a dream in only rs 10 :p(i saved quite a huge amt).but with this i will say it is all abt maintenance my acer one is working all gud with no problem(where acer is known for its bad build quality)n u will be amazed to see that it worked for abt -9 hrs daily from the day i bought it.

if i were u i will go with dell its the best with the new 12.11 drivers the graphic performance has reached a whole new level :p(over exaggeration)but ya performance is above gt640.speakers are gud n display is awesome(especially the fhd one) n customer care is all gud.

I don't see why not z580 , I found no problems with it, its got no heating issues, great build, good speakers, and an overall good performance.

z580 is gud but as he said he will be gaming on it n 7730 is way bttr than 630 n he will get a fhd display model at the price of z580 :p

OP
C

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
thanx guys... i think i'll go for dell only then... i'll let you know when i've finally devided...

oh, and @nickaustin, your profile pic was my wallpaper for a very long time... Go HULK!!!

Top Bottom