• One Plus 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iphone 8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aroraanant

Explorer
1. Budget?
35k plus, can go upto 50k if something is really worth it.
2. Display type and size?
5" or +
3. Dual sim?
if its a dual sim then obviously its an advantage but not a need
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung/ Apple
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Very good camera is required. Both front and rear.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android is preferred, but I m ok with iOS as well
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
obviously 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
A lot of calling, camera and internet.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung S8
10. Any other info that you want to share
Good battery back up is a must,shifting from Iphone 6S mainly due to battery issue, otherwise phone is working flawlessly even after 2+ years.Durability of the phone is one major requirement as it keeps falling from hands a lot
I am not at all a fan of One Plus but still let me know how actually good is One Plus 6.And if it needs to be considered then which variant, 64gb of 128gb? have any one here got hands on it.
Note 8 stylus feature is really good, but I find it to be lil big in size. It will cost around 51k from paytm. Can be considered.
I am getting Samsung Galaxy S8 for 38k with interest free emi for 12 months so thats really a very good deal.
S9 is costing quite more.
Is there any phone coming soon for which I should wait for?
Not considering S9+ coz of size and right now I m not getting any offers on that and I think Note 8 can be considered if we go in that size. But still if anybody wants comment on this then it is welcomed.
Considered Pixel 2 in Flipkart sale but HTC service su**s big time and I have faced it.
Iphone 8 will cost around 57k with interest free emi for 6 months.Thought I am not willing to go for iphone.
Its good to be back here after a long time, have always appreciated all of ur suggestions, hope it will become easy for me this time as well.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get any from Pixel 2, 2 XL, S8 or S8+ because of the camera. Use a good hybrid case and tempered glass if you are worried about durability (or maybe the S8 Active instead of S8).

Big no to outdated iphones.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Get any from Pixel 2, 2 XL, S8 or S8+ because of the camera. Use a good hybrid case and tempered glass if you are worried about durability (or maybe the S8 Active instead of S8).
No for S8+, I guess note 8 is a better option then.
(or maybe the S8 Active instead of S8).
I have not heard about S8 Active. Can u give me some more info about the same please.
Big no to outdated iphones.
Even I feel the same and their battery back up is really bad.

S8 at 38k is a great deal. It's camera is definitely better than that of OP6, but OP6 might have a better selfie camera (I found S8's front cam good enough except for low light situations). It has a great display & is very compact for a 5.8" device (it is smaller than S9). I feel S9 doesn't justify its price, it's not a big upgrade over S8 (S9+ vs S8+ is a different case though).

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active - Full phone specifications
It's basically a rugged S8 with extra battery.
is it available in local market?

S8 at 38k is a great deal. It's camera is definitely better than that of OP6, but OP6 might have a better selfie camera (I found S8's front cam good enough except for low light situations). It has a great display & is very compact for a 5.8" device (it is smaller than S9). I feel S9 doesn't justify its price, it's not a big upgrade over S8 (S9+ vs S8+ is a different case though).
S9 costs 11k more than S8.
Where as Note 8 costs around 13-14k more than S8. Though I only like Note Series from Samsung but size is not handy. So
today I will go again to Samsung Store and get hands on both of the devices and pick one.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Nope.

@OP
Get the S8 considering your requirements. Cool deals going on.

S9 costs 11k more than S8.
Where as Note 8 costs around 13-14k more than S8. Though I only like Note Series from Samsung but size is not handy. So
today I will go again to Samsung Store and get hands on both of the devices and pick one.

S9 isn't worth 11k more than S8 for the minor upgrade in camera & S845/new Exynos.

If you are into compact phones, I don't think you will like Note 8 especially considering its fingerprint reader is harder to reach (same is the case with S8+).

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
There is a sad part if we buy from flipkart and amazon that they don't have option to put your GST No. while you place your order which means one can't take input tax credit for the same. Though Paytm gives you an option to put ur GST No. while placing an order.
Due to this thing I stopped from ordering today, now I will check what local stores are offering. As almost 5k GST is charged as the payable amount comes out to be 46k

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
wow great! so how much did you pay ? and congrats
I paid 46k, will be getting 8k cahsback on paytm, the shop guy gave me 2k cash return, means it costed my 36k.
I got GST bill made, so basically I will be taking ITC of 5k which will make it actually cost me 31k

Minion

Conversation Architect
I paid 46k, will be getting 8k cahsback on paytm, the shop guy gave me 2k cash return, means it costed my 36k.
I got GST bill made, so basically I will be taking ITC of 5k which will make it actually cost me 31k
:wow: nice deal you got

Top Bottom