Urgent Scooty Suggestion: Activa, Aviator or Access125

elafanto

Journeyman
Hi friends,
I am gonna buy a scooty within 2-3 days and I need advise from TDFians that which one will be better, as I like Access125, for its power.

If any user can help me about these
1. Access125
2. Aviator
3. or Hero Mastero( anyone used it?)
4. anyone else

My father will use it most of time for riding local, or mostly 30 km(if needed), his height is 6 feet...
and sometime me (once in a week about 70-90 km).......
It should have masculine look. so I am considering these^ models.
so would you suggest me one?

OP
elafanto

elafanto

Journeyman
Thanks Sumit, Do you own it?
I heard that It's storage space under seat can be locked directly and it stuck sometime? Any user help me?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
There is a newer model from Suzuki - Swish, you can check that out too.
Also TVS Wego is also a very capable scooter.
From Honda India, check out Aviator also, it is comfortable for tall people.
All of them have larger wheel and better suspension compared to activa / maestro leading to a comfortable ride.
Test ride them and decide. Good luck :)

OP
elafanto

elafanto

Journeyman
@Sarthak, Thanks, that might be specific problem in my friends piece.

@Arsenalfan, Thanks for suggestion, I didn't like the model Wego (Look wise),

Don't know about "Swish", Will go to showroom to check it out. "Aviator" I checked, but now preferring "Access125" over it.

Thanks again

I planed for "Ashtami or navami" to buy, but Papa said wait for Diwali for some offers may b arrive. so waiting.:-?

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I have been searching on this topic for few months, since I'm going to buy one too. I would like to just keep Access 125 and Honda Aviator in comparison:
  • They both have telescopic shocks. Activa doesn't, Swish and TVS Wego though does.
  • Aviator has disc brakes(7k expensive).
  • Access has better pick up and speed, but brakes are considered not-upto-the-mark by many owners.
  • After sales of neither Honda nor Suzuki is good.
  • Aviator is heavier and higher, and may be difficult to ride too, while access is lighter and shorter. TVS Wego is winner here. But since you mentioned your dad's height, I would say Aviator is perfect for him.
  • None have major problems, but from many owners I have heard that they just got oil replaced in 2-3 years of their ownership period, and no other maintenance was needed for Aviator, no idea about access. TVS Wego is in last here, its engine is reported to become stupid after about an year.

Another thing to be noted is, Swish is just a redesigned Access, with better body to attract young customers.

OP
elafanto

elafanto

Journeyman
Thank U all of of you friends. I made a deal for ACCESS125(Black) on Vijaydashmi. On Road Price I got in Uttarakhand INR 53700.00.
I was looking for Gray color but was not available. Has Good pick up and as Nipun said Brakes are not upto the mark but as I am not going to make it a racing scooter :-D so it is OK for me.
I was looking for "ND cover insurance" but it was also not available for my dealer.

Thank U friends.

Edit: Mileage abt 40 KMPL

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thank U all of of you friends. I made a deal for ACCESS125(Black) on Vijaydashmi. On Road Price I got in Uttarakhand INR 53700.00.
I was looking for Gray color but was not available. Has Good pick up and as Nipun said Brakes are not upto the mark but as I am not going to make it a racing scooter :-D so it is OK for me.
I was looking for "ND cover insurance" but it was also not available for my dealer.

Thank U friends.

Edit: Mileage abt 40 KMPL

Congrats for new ride! :)
You already got it? Wasn't there any waiting period?
Please share your experience about maintenance in future :)

OP
elafanto

elafanto

Journeyman
^Thanks Nipun,Yes, NO waiting period, as the showroom was newly opened and access is not in demand here, so i got it. For Gray color I have to wait.
And about service I Already know that after sale is going to bother me here. Will share my experience. :cool:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Updating this thread only to help future buyers: I took a test ride of Access 125, and it does not have bad brakes, they're comparable to Activa's brakes. Sorry for being wrong in my last post. :)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Guys please suggest between TVS Wego & Honda Dio

Wego or Access. Dio's ride quality is not very good.
I've an Access and it's awesome. Get it.

Go ahead with wego or you can check out access leave honda behind in mileage, shockers and engine

Activa's mileage is better than Access's. It completely depends on riding style though, but with same style, Activa gives upto 45-50kmpl while Access struggles at 30-35.

shreymittal

Being Human
Wego or Access. Dio's ride quality is not very good.
I've an Access and it's awesome. Get it.

I have an activa and I regret buying it don't avg. more than 35km/l and most worst thing is its front shockers. I am going sell it soon n gonna buy Vespa.:D
If you have budget of 65k plz go for vespa nothing else.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I have an activa and I regret buying it don't avg. more than 35km/l and most worst thing is its front shockers. I am going sell it soon n gonna buy Vespa.:D
If you have budget of 65k plz go for vespa nothing else.

Again, average depends on riding style. Many of my friends/my cousin gets 40-45kmpl easily, one gets 50+ too. My Access's efficiency is very variable, I get 25kmpl sometime and 35 sometime. Never went above 37.
Vespa is 70+ here.

shreymittal

Being Human
Again, average depends on riding style. Many of my friends/my cousin gets 40-45kmpl easily, one gets 50+ too. My Access's efficiency is very variable, I get 25kmpl sometime and 35 sometime. Never went above 37.
Vespa is 70+ here.

Yeah I know it depends on driving style but from the day I bought her her avg is decreasing month by month and my friends also get 35 km/l like thingy and activa has worst ride quality in its segment
And the real joke starts Honda is claiming 60+ avg what the ****
Where do you live vespa. 70k+

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Yeah I know it depends on driving style but from the day I bought her her avg is decreasing month by month and my friends also get 35 km/l like thingy and activa has worst ride quality in its segment
And the real joke starts Honda is claiming 60+ avg what the ****
One of those for * says "Under test conditions" :p
And about ride quality, I agree. Activa is stupid! But there's Aviator too then(non-disk). Honda's dual-brake system is quite good. Access skids anytime while braking. :banghead:

Where do you live vespa. 70k+

N.Delhi. It was 75k On-Road when I had inquired. Heard its price have reduced by 5-6k. That's still 70k.

Top Bottom