Urgent-Processor and Mobo query

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi guys, One of my friend called me up now and he's going to buy a mobo processor and ram . his budget is 12000/- .He will be calling in another 30 mins with the price details. i have sugested him to go for AMD+MSI combination .

I have sugested AMD 64 3000+ -- approx 5000k
and MSI mobo --- dono the cost.

And yes should have a onboard video.
Please reply immediately of any other options.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
He is going for a AMD 64 3000+ , and gigabiyte mobo as asus a8n-vm was not available. more inputs as quick as possible plz.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
AMD 3000+ and Msi K8NGM2-L -> 9.5K/- a perfect performance combo.
If u can't get MSI mobo then go for Asus A8N-Vm.
Ram Twinmos 512 400Mhz 1850/-

Kniwor

Learner
ashnik said:
AMD 3000+ and Msi K8NGM2-L -> 9.5K/- a perfect performance combo.
If u can't get MSI mobo then go for Asus A8N-Vm.
Ram Twinmos 512 400Mhz 1850/-

110% agreement
K8NGM2 is a very very good choice

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok guys we got time till tommorow . My friend was too confused with the mobo variants and postponed it till tommorow. so you can give more inputs :D.

Also please put some light on the chipset when specifying the mobo :) and number of IDE bus available on it as he already has a PATA hard disc.

cyrux

In the zone
The above baords shall have two IDE slots (thats 2x2 master and slave)

The asus a8n vm csm is really a good mobo. It costs around 5.5k

varungupta17

Broken In
Amd 3000+ 939 pin venice core: Rs.5500
MSI-RS 482: Rs.4990
ASUS A8N-SLI: Rs.6800
ASUS A8N-SLI DLX: Rs.8350

These prices are subject to VAT and r in bangalore.....

Let me tell u DIGIT says that ASUS A8N-SLI is a very good mobo... and even i have used it and is really very good....

Well there r some VERY GOOD GIGABYTE mobos but i dont remember their model names properly... i will soon update here...

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hey thanks for the info guys specially varun :D. I will tell this to my friend.

Kniwor

Learner
@varun
u are suggesting him motherboards which does not have any integrated graphics.... which means he will have to purchase a graphics card also and i dont think he intended to get into all this....

@charangk
do u have extra budget for graphics cards..... if not.... just ignore varun's post and rest is fine......

if u alread have a graphics card and want to use it, and if it's a PCI-E card.... ASUS A8N-SLI is option worth considering but i would still not suggest the board.... there is no point getting SLi...... it's waste... just get the non SLI version ASUS A8N-E....... this will save around 1200-1300 which u can spend extra on ur graphics card......

if u have a graphics card and is AGP.... nothing above holds.... u need a card with AGP slot... post back then

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I mentioned in the very first post the it should have a onboard video :| . I had spoke to varun and i forgot to mention this so it was my mistake :( . he told that his mobo was based on ATI chipset and i wanted him to post it here with some approx prices .

Kniwor

Learner
the first one ¨MSI-RS 482¨ has onboard video... it is baed on ATI chipset with X300 GPU based graphics...

but the other boards mentioned are better ...
Both ASUS A8N-VM and MSI K8NGM2 are better options...

varungupta17

Broken In
@Kniwor

Please read my post carefully... I have mentioned MSI RS482 in the very beginning taking care of onboard graphics needs... Then i have mentioned the best of mobo in line so that charangk will know what he is suggesting to his friend... We had telephonic conversation and considering his needs i have suggested the mobos...

However i would also like to mention here that most of the times computer is purchased at a price more than allocated price... And somewhere the suggested mobos may make its way while purchasing...

@charangk
I would that MSI RS482 M2IL is based on ATIs RS480(2) chipset.. May other compaines such as ASUS, ASROCK have their own models based on this chipset and are priced below MSI RS482 M2IL but the performance is unparalled to MSI.

Also nvidias chipset are also very good and do check them........

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks for the info varun . i explained these to my friend and he is gonna buy a AMD 64 3000+ and the MSI board. he just waiting for the tension in bangalore to go down a little. Most of the shops are closed for now.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My friend bought the MB and CPU just now. the rough details below.

Asus A8N-VM CSM Motherboard - 4550

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ - 5250

512MB ram - 1900

Cabinet - 1200

APC UPS - 1850

Total -- 14750

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
As my query has been answered I would request the mods to lock this thread.Thanks guys for helping me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom