Urgent.. plz help me choose gaming laptop around 70k

Tejo

Broken In
Planning to buy new laptop in a week..Budget around 70k...

Code:
1) What is your budget? [COLOR=#800080][I]around 70k.[/I].[/COLOR]
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? [COLOR=#800080][I]14 or 15.x
[/I][/COLOR]
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: [COLOR=#800080][I]Dell, Samsung, Lenovo[/I][/COLOR]
    b. Dislike: [COLOR=#800080][I]Asus (heard that their ASS is bad), Acer[/I][/COLOR]

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? [COLOR=#800080][I]Gaming, Multi OS, Video encoding[/I]
[/COLOR]
5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer? [COLOR=#800080][I]I prefer Anti glare mostly. I like a full HD display[/I]
[/COLOR]
6) Anything else you would like to say? [COLOR=#800080][I]I need good ASS.[/I][/COLOR]

Shortlisted 2 items, Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo and Samsung np550 s05..

btw, samsung has been changing those s0x names, like s01,s02,...s05etc. Are s05 and s02 same? from the specs it seems so..

Help me choose between these two...any other suggestions are welcome..

tkin

Back to school!!
Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo is better suited for you, it comes with nVidia GT650M, one of the fastest gaming GPU's available in your budget. Although it has i5 instead of i7, but that won't matter much in games anyway.

3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India

OP
Tejo

Tejo

Broken In
Dell Inspiron 17R Turbo is better suited for you, it comes with nVidia GT650M, one of the fastest gaming GPU's available in your budget. Although it has i5 instead of i7, but that won't matter much in games anyway.

3D Inspiron 17R Turbo laptop | Dell India

bro its 17 inches....I don't think we can manage such a huge thing :(

tkin

Back to school!!
get lenovo Y500 blindly! ;)
+1, I didn't notice it in flipkart(they should add a section which allows you to check the gpu of a laptop).

bro its 17 inches....I don't think we can manage such a huge thing :(
Get the Y500: *www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y5...no=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=lenevo y500

If you have issues with lenovo, and i5 doesn't matter much to you: *www.flipkart.com/samsung-np550p5c-...b4&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=gt650m

This is another amazing laptop, both 15inch.

@^^ S05IN is same as S02IN but with a bit greater processor speed & solved heating issues. Acc. to Samsung India estore, it also weighs less(2. 33kg).

@OP: Get Lenovo Ideapad Y500

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/168328-asus-g75vw-my-new-monster.html

or if you want to buy a 15'6 one then Lenovo Y500 undoubtedly..

OP
Tejo

Tejo

Broken In
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/168328-asus-g75vw-my-new-monster.html

or if you want to buy a 15'6 one then Lenovo Y500 undoubtedly..

looks like u got it from US...no issues about warranty..? did u confirm with service center in India?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
looks like u got it from US...no issues about warranty..? did u confirm with service center in India?

i dint get it but one of the other member did.. If you have any query regarding the warranty, then you can post in that thread.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/168328-asus-g75vw-my-new-monster.html

RON28

Cyborg Agent
LENOVO Y500 by closing your eyes, because its a GAMING laptop, so don't worry about heating and throttling.

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Lenovo Y500 is riddled with Touch Pad issues. And also, some people seem to be experiencing problems with the battery/power brick, they say that the laptop does't charge. Just be aware of these issues before you drop the cash :p

However, even with the issues, this laptop has awesome specs, and should make up for its short comings.

OP
Tejo

Tejo

Broken In
Lenovo Y500 is riddled with Touch Pad issues. And also, some people seem to be experiencing problems with the battery/power brick, they say that the laptop does't charge. Just be aware of these issues before you drop the cash :p

However, even with the issues, this laptop has awesome specs, and should make up for its short comings.

I've been hearing a lot about these issues with Y500...looks like its better to choose sammy np550-s05 to be on the safer side :|...

pratyush997

Inactive

Those were issues in old stock ;)

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I've been hearing a lot about these issues with Y500...looks like its better to choose sammy np550-s05 to be on the safer side :|...

Since they were the issues in the old stock, be sure to check the make of the Y500, if its after October 2012, i dont think you'l encounter such problems..

Last edited:

anikesh102

Broken In
Lenovo y500 is best for gaming.... just make sure the manufactured date is after 28 nov.... and u ll b fine....

Top Bottom