[URGENT] Need your suggestion for a 2 Ton Split Inverter AC 2022

gohan89

Broken In
Hello everyone,

I live in Kolkata. I am currently using a 2 ton Panasonic Inverter AC I bought back in 2016 (When Inverter tech was quite new).

Since my old AC is showing irreparable and irreversible problem of bent fins (due to unqualified hacks cleaning them over 2-3 years), I now immediately have to buy a new split inverter AC as I work from home and the weather in Kolkata is hot and humid. I use it 3-4 hours in the afternoon and 10 hours at night. My room is ~250 sq ft with east facing walls and at 1st Floor.

So here are my requirements:

1. 2 Ton Split Inverter AC
  2. Well spaced and strong fins which can resist jet servicing (Panasonic has the narrowest spacing based on my conversations with multiple technicians, so Panasonic is off my list)
  3. Good long-term cooling
  4. Auto SWING (both horizontal and vertical)
  5. Good Energy Efficiency (Min 3 Star)
  6. Good after sales service.
Very few companies focus on the 2 Ton segment.

I had narrowed down to two companies: LG and Carrier.

LG: Dual inverter, Ocean Black Fin, Good after sale service

Carrier: Very good cooling (based on online reviews), Energy efficient, after sales dicey, NO auto horizontal swing.

Can you please suggest me the best 2 Ton AC among these two with the specific model number considering my requirements? Am also open to suggestions from other companies if they match my needs.

If you know any Carrier ACs current models which have both horizontal and vertical AUTO swing, do let me know.

My max budget is 55k. I will buy it offline for better discounts (online optional)

Last edited:

ankushv

Journeyman
If your indoor coil is freezing isn't it because of low refrigerant ? You may need to check for leaks and top up the gas .

Sent from my 2109119DI using Tapatalk

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
If your indoor coil is freezing isn't it because of low refrigerant ? You may need to check for leaks and top up the gas .

Sent from my 2109119DI using Tapatalk
My technician recently checked my gas a few weeks back, and it was full.

Anyways I have to change my AC, do you have any suggestions based on my requirements?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Why are you buying 2 Ton? 2 ton is used for 1000-1200Sq ft. Area. I.e. halls.

For 250 sqft, even 0.75Ton window AC would suffice. I suggest go with 1 ton AC.

I suggest NOT to go with LG as you will get better deal and service from Mitsubishi Electric, O General, Carrier, Voltas and Lloyd. I had bought a 1.5 ton Lloyd AC last year for 400 sq ft. Room, it cools nice and okay, just requires the filter to be cleaned in a month or two. It has horizontal swing also.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Why are you buying 2 Ton? 2 ton is used for 1000-1200Sq ft. Area. I.e. halls.

For 250 sqft, even 0.75Ton window AC would suffice. I suggest go with 1 ton AC.

I suggest NOT to go with LG as you will get better deal and service from Mitsubishi Electric, O General, Carrier, Voltas and Lloyd. I had bought a 1.5 ton Lloyd AC last year for 400 sq ft. Room, it cools nice and okay, just requires the filter to be cleaned in a month or two. It has horizontal swing also.
I guess you got the numbers wrong.
For >120 sq.ft sales rep suggests 1.5 ton. Even when we try online AC capacity calculator, it would suggest very similar tonnage. May be we can getaway with 1 ton. But with direct sunlight on the wall and ceiling, the suggestions would be on the higher side.

Sarath

iDota
2 ton is overkill for a 250sft

I have lived in gulf and we didn't use these levels of tonnage, for what seemed like living on the surface of the sun at times

Top Bottom