Urgent....Need IPS Monitor 24-27"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Today went to Ritchie Street.... Nothing special....None will show display...Most of them show phamlets...One of the showroom have BenQ display all 1080p only:duh2:
That's a bummer. Did you ask for any 1440p models they can arrange (which are out of stock on online)?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You should have atleast confirmed your card has display port before buying dude.
I linked HD 6670 page in my previous post which atleast mentions that the card is capable of it, but your version seems to be a low end/odd model
USB 3.0 on monitor is a passthrough from your PC, it extends your PC's USB ports so you can plug keyboard or other peripherial directly to monitor instead of PC.
Any 1440p panel supports your GPU

AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Graphics

make sure you use your Display port 1.2 DisplayPort - Wikipedia

Even the link that you gave for your GPU in your first post, is not the GPU that you have.
The link states it has a DP 1.2

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
You should have atleast confirmed your card has display port before buying dude.
I linked HD 6670 page in my previous post which atleast mentions that the card is capable of it, but your version seems to be a low end/odd model

Even the link that you gave for your GPU in your first post, is not the GPU that you have.
The link states it has a DP 1.2

Oops...Ok, no problem..No Worries....Update GPU also..!!!

If connect through DP resolution (2560x1440) will display?

If yes, Suggest some GPU also

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I m not much familiar with current GPU tech, but im guessing any low end GPU from GTX 6xx + that has display port 1.2 in it should work. Wait for others to comment.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I m not much familiar with current GPU tech, but im guessing any low end GPU from GTX 6xx + that has display port 1.2 in it should work. Wait for others to comment.

If i Connect through Display Port it will show 2560x1440p resolution?

Why HDMI not show 2560x1440p resolution?

Confused stage now...!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I thought of suggesting an HDMI to DisplayPort cable. But I could only find DIsplayPort to HDMI cables.
Is that cable not possible?

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
I thought of suggesting an HDMI to DisplayPort cable. But I could only find DIsplayPort to HDMI cables.

Yeah...Me too checked not available...HDMI to Display Port Cable also adapter.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, HDMI and Display Port use completely different technology, it would be possible by an active device, a device that decodes HDMI signal and encodes into DisplayPort.
DVI -D had both the exact same signal as HDMI, as well as VGA, hence direct conversion to either was possible,

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If i Connect through Display Port it will show 2560x1440p resolution?

Why HDMI not show 2560x1440p resolution?

Confused stage now...!!
That is because HDMI 1.4a had the maximum limitation of 1920x1200 @ 60 hz. Basically its the maximum amount of pixels it can transmit. You cant force it to go any higher just like you cant force USB 2.0 to deliver USB 3.0 speeds

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
That is because HDMI 1.4a had the maximum limitation of 1920x1200 @ 60 hz. Basically its the maximum amount of pixels it can transmit. You cant force it to go any higher just like you cant force USB 2.0 to deliver USB 3.0 speeds

I checked with Lenovo User Guide MANUAL ...They specified HDMI max resolution was 2560x1440

*i.imgur.com/E6D0WtG.png

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Are u using Display Port 1.2 ?

HDMI 1.4a has max res of Max resolution: 1920x1200.
use your display port to fully utilize this monitor
I was actually wrong, wikipedia actually states HDMI 1.4a supports 1440p.
Try setting custom resolution in AMD control panel
Getting anomalous information from various sources.
AMD Page states HD 6670 can power 1920x1200 via HDMI, maybe its an AMD side limitation.
You can try setting custom resolution and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom