urgent HP DV4-3016tx help n suggestions

game-freak

In the zone
hi i am thinking of buying HP DV4-3016tx but i have some doubts abt it does this model has any heating issue, i have heard there some problem with chipset, and some opengl problem as well
plz any1 who has this laptop or has used it comment on the above as il be buying the laptop in a couple of days

the local dealer quoted me a price of 41900/- + 5% vat = 44000/-

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
No heating issues.. temperatures well within normal.
No problem with the chipset if the digits 4 to 6th of the serial number are 108 or greater.
Opengl issue i dont really know... it was an issue with the 6121tx which had automatic switching, but this one features manual switching, so i'm not sure it applies..

And regarding the price, bargain. should come to about 42k inclusive of taxes i think.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
No heating, chipset or openGL issues.

Price can come down.

Most people in the HP thread are using a belkin cooler. Check that thread.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
are u using a cooling pad
and any suggestions for good cooling pad
no cooling pad. i just raise the back of the laptop using a couple of my notebooks. and just make sure i dont block any ports. thats all..

If you can afford, coolermaster's got some really good ones at about 1.5k..

Last edited:
OP
game-freak

game-freak

In the zone
hows the temps while playing games as ill be usin the laptop for gaming
the laptop will stay on for a minimum of 15 hrs a day so i guess ill need a cooling pad

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
hows the temps while playing games as ill be usin the laptop for gaming
the laptop will stay on for a minimum of 15 hrs a day so i guess ill need a cooling pad
15hrs is OK. Just don't use it on the bed as it blocks the vents.

If you keep the vents open, you won't experience heat issues.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
i have seen the gpu go to 67 and the cpu to 75. that was after about 45 min og gaming...never checked the temps after that.. the laptop never really becomes hot enough to warrant such a check.. and i dont even have AC.. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i have seen the gpu go to 67 and the cpu to 75. that was after about 45 min og gaming...never checked the temps after that.. the laptop never really becomes hot enough to warrant such a check.. and i dont even have AC.. :)

I used to face my Compaq web surfing laptop until I bought a laptop cooler from CoolerMaster.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
A DIY would be cheapest and still perform better than even the more expensive coolers. I did it. Decrease's temps by 20C on load and 10 on idle. :cool:

Buy Cooler Master NotePal U2 Fan Edition Cooling Pad Silver R9 NBC 8PBK GP at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Took a old relience 12V phone charger, cut the ends and attached them to 2 Fans from my old P4.

FeviQuicked them to a basket.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Not mine
*i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/kuksul08/cooler/inside.jpg

My alignment was similar to this one.
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3766090193_35ae707e03.jpg

How I connected (Charger instead of USB)
*www.stevenreimer.com/images/posts/laptop_cooling4_web.jpg

Top Bottom