Urgent help required regarding motherboard selection.

navrajyadav

Broken In
Hi all,

I have a AMD based desktop, but the problem now is my Gigabyte (GA-MA78GPM-DS2H) motherboard is not working.

I already gone to Gigabyte Delhi (Nehru place) service center for repair the same but they refuse to take it. They said we only handle warranty product only. What a worst service Gigabyte has no support for their old product.

I already try to repair the same in Nehru place market but everyone is refusing to repair it.

Please suggest what i have to do now?

I have AMD phenom X3 processor @2.1GHz and 2GB of DDR2 Ram.
Should i need to buy new motherboard completable to my processor, if yes please help me which motherboard is available in market who support my processor.

Please give me your valuable inputs.

Thank you.

OP
N

navrajyadav

Broken In
post your budget for the mobo and you need to buy DDR3 ram as well.
I can buy new motherboard as well as DDR3 RAM. Can you please help me to find out which motherboard can support my AMD Phenom X3 @2.1Ghz.

if you have any online link for the same please share it. I am very confused now which motherboard is suitable for my old processor.

I already google the same and find three motherbord which can support AM2/AM2+ shocket are M3A78-CM,
M4A78 PRO and M4A785-M.

But the problem is i am not able to find from where i can buy the same online.

Please help me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - do you have 1st gen Phenom X3 cpu like 8400/8450 ? if yes I mean those AM2+ cpus only supports ddr2 ram. So buying/finding a AM2+ mobo is what you can do now or else you need to sell the cpu+ram and get new cpu+mobo+ram and about the avaiability I'll check and let you know.

OP
N

navrajyadav

Broken In
@ OP - do you have 1st gen Phenom X3 cpu like 8400/8450 ? if yes I mean those AM2+ cpus only supports ddr2 ram. So buying/finding a AM2+ mobo is what you can do now or else you need to sell the cpu+ram and get new cpu+mobo+ram and about the avaiability I'll check and let you know.

I don't want to buy new motherboard and processor because i already have HP DV6 6017TX this desktop is at my hometown for mail and other little purpose.

Please help me to find a motherboard which can support my processor.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here you go :

MSI K9N6PGM2-V
MSI K9N6PGM2-V Motherboard - K9N6PGM2-V by: MSI - TechShop.in - Buy

Top Bottom