Urgent help required - Mobile purchase

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I'm in deep trouble.

Currently in US using my Xperia Z. The phone is giving me nightmares. Its not storing charge at all. The moment I remove it from charging it restarts and goes into a boot loop.

Just to ensure you all, I've not altered anything in this set since long time. It was rooted long time back. Last ROM installation was done at least 7 months back.

I'll try to take it to service center once I'm in India but at present I need something.

Filling the questionnaire for the interested parties...

1. Budget?
INR 40K

2. Display type and size?
5 Inch. Need good display with good contrast.

3. Dual sim?
Preferred but not mandatory

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None. Not looking for Apple just to be clear. Please don't waste time convincing me for it.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
5MP enough. Flash would be good.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android.

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G compatiable.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Youtube
FB
Twitter
Mail
Gaming
1080P and 720P video playing. Support of MKV file and FLAC file

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
None.

10. Any other info that you want to share
Good PPI at least 440 over would be good.
Good battery life. Prefer something close to 3000Mah

Tell models that I can get in US. Thanks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
LG G4 was dropped to 480$ (~30k) in the US by T-mobile and it comes unlocked IIRC. That's the best android phone you can get in the budget IMO. G3 would be another good option.

Do note that G3 & G4 have average battery life (you will get a bit better battery life than what your Xperia Z used to give)

I think S6 is the best smartphone currently, each & every reviewer were impressed by it. G4 is great too, no doubt, it has a camera even better than S6, but that's it. In every other aspect, S6 is better...

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
FML. I like G4 but you guys are saying its not a good buy.

I'm evaluating Z3 too for this but USA is a shitty place to buy unlocked phones.

I liked specs of OnePlus Two but the biggest turnoff is the non-expansion slot. Its a non-negotiable parameter for me when buying a mobile.

At present considering my desperation G4 is what I'm inclined to.

Can you recommend me anything else?

M9 vs S6 vs G4 vs Z3 vs Z4

FML. I like G4 but you guys are saying its not a good buy.

I'm evaluating Z3 too for this but USA is a shitty place to buy unlocked phones.

I liked specs of OnePlus Two but the biggest turnoff is the non-expansion slot. Its a non-negotiable parameter for me when buying a mobile.

At present considering my desperation G4 is what I'm inclined to.

Can you recommend me anything else?

M9 vs S6 vs G4 vs Z3 vs Z4

S6 & G4 are the best phones currently

I personally prefer S6 over G4 due to smaller size & better battery life, rest is your decision......

BTW in India you get dual SIM version of G4

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Locked onto G4.

/Offtopic

Today went to BestBuy store. Its 6 miles from my current hotel. Asked my hotel reception to call a cab. Went to store with the cab.
Thought I'll get an unlocked G4 in the store and use my SIM then and there. BestBuy had not had any unlocked phone.

And I realized I've no means to call a cab to return hotel!!!

I roamed the whole place in search of a taxi or any taxi for around 45 minutes. And started thinking which random passerby can be approached to help me make a phonecall. Could not decide.
At last went to a nearby hotel (Hampton Inn). Asked receptionist to call a cab for me as my cellphone is not working and I'm unable to call a cab for myself. She gave mea look as if I'm a beggar but called a cab anyway.
Thanks to her I've returned hotel.

USA is a shitty place, did I mention that or not?!

Top Bottom