Urgent help required-Frequent internet disconnections

anarchy0x

In the zone
Modem- MTNL SAM300AX Sterlite
Windows 7

I have been having this problem with internet since months which has really become a pain. My connection keeps on getting disconnected repeatedly, I see an exclamation mark on the icon of Network Internet access on botom right. But when I turn my moden off and on, I am able to use internet. But after some time, I get the same problem again for which I have to turn my modem off and on.

Unfortuantely, my ISP is MTNL, have called them twice, showed them the problem but they closed the ticket without conforming it, and inspite of me telling him the 2nd time, not to close the ticket on this one. I assume that's usual for MTNL. I have called them again, and I will certainly make sure that they get a piece of my mind.

But I thought I would ask this query here too, as I am not sure if the miscreants will be able to resolve this one quickly.

Is this a problem with my modem or my LAN card or my ISP?

I am working on something important and I would like to get resolved this ASAP. Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all in your modem settings---device info/status page check that both SNR values are above 15 any time & both attenuation values are below 50 any time.

OP
anarchy0x

anarchy0x

In the zone
first of all in your modem settings---device info/status page check that both SNR values are above 15 any time & both attenuation values are below 50 any time.

I am not able to find the option you suggested . The closest thing I can find to modem settings is phone modem, which doesn't seem right.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
modem settings of your mtnl modem not windows modem.in your browser type 192.168.1.1 & press enter.when asked for username/password use admin.

Top Bottom