Not open for further replies.
OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rhitwick.

Please try Active partition recovery.

I have 100% success rate with that.

If I am not wrong, it is your MBR which has gone down.

Active recovery Should be able to help you unless you have formatted your HDD.

Please let me know about your progress.

I am also a Happy WD 1TB Essential Edition User
"Active Partition Recovery" eh??
Na, thats only s/w I've not yet tried.
But,dude if u've read the thread from start u would have got ur answers about my progress.

In short: It has generated bad sector, I've at least formated 10 times, deleted partition, created partition and now generated replace request in WD site :-D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@rhitwick-harish posted in late unfortunately. I've used @Active file recovery with 99% success rate. Too bad you blew your fuse. The first thing when you are looking out to recover data from a dying/almost dead HD, is pull the plug. Only when you are sure that you have the best recovery software should you go ahead and try recover data. Never randomly try recovery softwares. You'll just burning up data.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Latest Update:

I had earlier sent the WD 1TB HDD for replacement. It had reached me today (the replaced product)

The problematic drive was "MyBook Essential Edition" and they have sent me "My Book Mirror Edition" 1TB (500GB+500GB)

Is it good or bad?
How much storage would I get?

1 TB or as its mirrored only 500GB??

Should I complain for it?

And its a HUGE drive...:shock:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Check this you would get to know!

*reviews.cnet.com/hard-drives/western-digital-my-book/4505-3186_7-33108966.html

Obviously your previous drive was better. They just replaced it with a cheaper one! You can complain saying that you had a diff model and they sent a diff model. But i don't think that would help.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
It says, it supports both RAID 0 and RAID 1.

In that case I can setup as RAID0

I would get 1 TB then.

But, again, thats not good choice for data backup. As it would be as same as a single non-partitioned drive. If one crashes, I loose all.

I'm going to set it up as RAID 0, lets c wat happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom