[URGENT] Extending RTI (Right to Informaton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
To: Citizens of India

RTI law is becoming less and less useful as RTI commissioners delay and often give verdict against the applicants. And then the HCjs\SCjs cause further delays. A recent example is RTI application where in the applicant demanded information on judges' assets. The judges have been asking him to run from pillar to post to pillar.

How can we strengthen RTI concept? I propose we citizens FORCE PM to enact the following addition in RTI

1. [Instruction for Collector]

If any woman voter, dalit voter, farmer voter, labor voter, handicapped voter, aged voter or ANY citizen voter submits an RTI application or complaint against corruption or any affidavit, and demands that it should be put on PM's website, the DC or his clerk will put that RTI application, complaint or affidavit on PM's website for a fee of Rs 20 per page.

2. [Instruction for VO = Village Officer = Talati = Patwari = Lekhpal]

If any woman voter, dalit voter, farmer voter, labor voter, handicapped voter, senior citizen voter or ANY citizen-voter comes to VO (VO = Village Officer = Patwari = Talati) and wants to support/oppose an RTI application or complaint against corruption or any affidavit submitted in clause-1, then VO will take Rs 3 fee, enter the citizen's YES/NO in his computer and put the citizen's YES/NO on PM's website with his name and voter card number. The VO will allow the citizen to change his YES/NO any day. The fee for the "below poverty line" card holding citizen-voters will be Re 1

3. The YES-NO count will not a binding on PM, CM, judges, officers etc. Though if 37 crore citizens register YES, then the PM may take necessary action wrt that RTI-application, complaint or affidavit.

----

I refer the above addition to RTI as RTI2. The above addition to RTI, which will enable us commons to prove a support in favor of an RTI application.

The proposed RTI2 law can be enacted by mere Executive Notification, it does not need approval of MPs, MLAs as it already comes within power of PM, CMs. Which is why I refer to this law as RTI2-EN , EN stands for Executive Notification. If PM signs this law, it will become applicable on whole India. If CM signs this law, it will become applicable for one state.

The use the law can be to "prove" that an RTI application, complaint, affidavit etc has wide support of citizens.

Example:

1. Consider the RTI application demanding information on assets of judges.

2. Say above RTI2 law is passed.

3. Then the applicant, Mr. Subhash Chandra Agrawal, will have option to put his RTI application on the PM's website.

4. And if he does, then crores of citizens will use their option in clause-2 of above proposed RTI2 law .

Now crores of citizens may, and most likely they will, register YES on this affidavit and this can prove that crores of citizens do support this demand.

-----

At this point, I would like to add that almost ALL MLAs, MPs etc I met have refused to support this proposed RTI2-EN.And all "intellectuals" too have refused to support this proposed RTI2-EN. Why? I would request the pro-RTI2 people to ask them, but IMO, they do NOT want citizens' voices to come on PM's website as that would force therm to reduce their corruption etc. and may even result into their expulsion.

Spare few minutes and sign the petition.

*www.petitiononline.com/rti2en/petition.html

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom