URGENT - Dell M170 Notebook/Laptop Customs Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramukaka

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,

Q1: I am thinking of importing a laptop (Dell M170) from someone in the US and wanted to know the customs duty and any other tax that such an item attracts.

Q2: The person would be shipping it with insurance using either FedEx ($350) or USPS ($180). Anybody have any experience with either of these two?

Q3: Also, is it easy to import a laptop directly to my doorstep or would I have to go the customs warehouse to get it cleared?

I have already decided on the laptop config and, unfortunately, its not available here in India and surely won't be for the next year or so.

I have already struck a deal with a reputed laptop dealer/imported in my city and he is ready to give me full part replacement warranty so that major issue is taken care of. Only concern being the time required to address any issues. I am not worrying too much as this would be my third laptop purchase and haven't had any problems with both the machines for the past 18 months. This is the first time that I am doing a direct import - hence the concerns.

Any advise you have on this would be appreciated as I just have the next 48 hours to accept/reject this deal.

Thanks in advance!

OP
R

ramukaka

Right off the assembly line
Laptop Help Fast

Hello Guys,

I was hoping to hear from you much sooner than later. I do not want to miss out on this deal so please look at my original post and answer my queries, if possible.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom