ur Data1 mine & my data1 account urs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm sounds bit odd question na??

but hey here i found a realy strange use/(or what should i call it?? a foult??) of the ADSL modem (UT 300R2) of the BSNL BB....

what i did is i took my modem to one of my frnds house (who has a BSNL land line but not a BB connection)... i connected the divice there & walla!!!... we r online (of course useing my MU ID)... i tried this with 3 of my trusted frnds....

then i thought how bout running the connection in the 3 places in the same time.... so asked few frnds (who all ready have ADSL modem) to bring those modems to the test locations.... man... we test & got the result.. that same connection is running at the 3 differnt phone line... without any problem....

hmm how can it be?? doesnt BSNL have any protection with telephone number...?? yes i know the password is there....

but if this can happen then what about using a plan (bellow??)

see now a 256 KBPS 1GB connection costs 551 (with tax) & extra 1.5/MB...

so how bout making a group?? with 10 people... buy one 512 KBPS MU 10GB for 3300 (with tax) & extra 0.80/MB... (9 extra modem has to b purches from out side..)

so whats the efective cost?? only 330... but yes there is some honesty has to b mentain....

so?? is that a foult of BSNL or i am just been lucky... as all of those test was in the ariea of same telephones exchange.... didnt went out side of my exchange.....

hmm can any one try that & post here??

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
What do u mnt by
so how bout making a group?? with 10 people... buy one 512 KBPS MU 10GB for 3300 (with tax) & extra 0.80/MB... (9 extra modem has to b purches from out side..)

n esp wat's da meaning of 512 KBPS MU 10GB.

Anindya Srivastava

anubhav_har

In the zone
512KBps is the speed of the connection... MU means Multi User and 10GB means the data transfer i.e. upload and download summed up...

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
sourav "try" se matlab

abe main apne liye 128 mb ram kharidna chah raha hun aur tum 10 modem kharidne ko bol rahe ho vo bhi 9 dusre logon ke liye

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The Incredible wrote:
abe main apne liye
:?: Please maintain the RESPECT for users buddy....
u will get back for wat u giv to others...

hey saurav_cheeta well its a good idea man.. :wink: :wink: looks like ur lucky Dude...But as kallumama24 wrote..its ethically wrong...as then u will be robbing the government by doin this.."lol" but a nice post to giv sum info to users like us also...

thanx mate !!

cheers n e-peace...

Tech&ME

Banned
ya it works and it will work.

It is like your dial-up connection, (BSNL). Where actuall u can move from one place to other and keep using your ID and Pwd to connect to the world of internet. There is nothing wrong in it.

What troubles is you cannot share your connection with other with a single user account.

But again take the case of dial-up connection of BSNL, two different persons can connect using the same ID and Pwd together, but remember both will be using the MB limit , i.e. is you have a card of 100MB and both connected, both will be billed and the bills will get added and then substracted from the 100MB limit quote of this account.

So, same holds good for a BB connection, i.e. both can connect using different phone lines together using the same id and pwd , and remember both will be billed and the bills will be added and then substracted from the MB quota , say 1 GB.

This type of setup is legal and is not considered as NETWORKING. hence, it can be used on a HOME plan.

U virtually are not connected pc-to-pc. instead, u both connect together to the same server, that's it. (no connection binding with each other here)

This is legal.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
ashu how can u say that i'm not respecting him.

he's helped me since i've joined da forum.

i've respect him truthfully.

BTW when Raaaabo doesn't mind even much mor than such words then wat's da problem with u???

hey sourav if u think i hav written sumthing wrong then i'm sorry for it.

Anindya

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm

ashu888ashu888 said:
But as kallumama24 wrote..its ethically wrong...

kallumama24 said:
hye sourav i agree with u . u can do that but ethically it would be very wrong.

but hay that is a MU account... so.. may b its ethically wrong...

but technicaly we r multi user...

any way... what i am now interested in is does this works out side of the local telephones exchange?? & what is exaclty this *192.168.1.1/ site/CP is... where is it hosted?? in side of that MODEM???

as while testing.... i can put 2 computers (on defferent phone line) with same IP address... so if it is hosted in the local exchange then i should have got IP conflict...

Tech&ME said:
So, same holds good for a BB connection, i.e. both can connect using different phone lines together using the same id and pwd , and remember both will be billed and the bills will be added and then substracted from the MB quota , say 1 GB.

yup... it is counting.... but strangely.... see the screen shot....

*img363.imageshack.us/img363/8905/002sn.jpg

see... it is starting a counting from 14:55:06 to 15:02:52 then again a another counting from 14:42:39 to 15:09:19 so BSNL is cleaver enough to detect... but they r not stoping it??

This type of setup is legal and is not considered as NETWORKING. hence, it can be used on a HOME plan.

where does BSNL say that.. the u cant use MU account in 2 defferent place...?? & what is MU?? i dont run a server for sharing that MU account in my 10 PC... moden directly goes to the switch... & PCs directly gets connected... take a look at this... so now rather using a switch i am useing deffernt phone lines...

The Incredible said:
sourav "try" se matlab

abe main apne liye 128 mb ram kharidna chah raha hun aur tum 10 modem kharidne ko bol rahe ho vo bhi 9 dusre logon ke liye

mate i am not asking u to buy anything... i am just sharing an idea... & pls next time English pls...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The Incredible said:
hey sourav if u think i hav written sumthing wrong then i'm sorry for it.

dont b sorry... i didnt mind... but always try not use any word which can heart some one...

but what i mind is Hindi... im poor in hindi... lol...

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
hey sourav

actually da school in which v study there adding abe b4 ur sentece is givinf respect 2 ur frendz.

sorry i'll never do this again.

wat do u mean by saying "i'm not asking u to buy"

r u asking me to connnect using ur a/c while u r online with 8 of my frendz

Aninndya

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
One more thing i will tell you about tataindicom broad band..

I got a 64k unlimited connection from tataindicom and my friend has got 512 kps connection from tataindicom..

Both of us have same type of modem.. If i use his username and password then i connect at 512 kps... and if he connects using my user name and password he gets connected at 64k. And once when i was online i asked him to connect to using my username and password and it got connected at 64k for him...

Now actually we share our costs.. he he he

Does all the adsl connection work like this...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
what is exaclty this *192.168.1.1/ site/CP is... where is it hosted?? in side of that MODEM???
In my airtel modem(is it a modem?) too, there's a site hosted in its rom chip. So yours has it too.
There's a simple test to find out too. Just ping the IP and if it takes greater than 1ms, then it is outside your house.

Tech&ME

Banned
Tech&ME said:

see... it is starting a counting from 14:55:06 to 15:02:52 then again a another counting from 14:42:39 to 15:09:19 so BSNL is cleaver enough to detect... but they r not stoping it??

where does BSNL say that.. the u cant use MU account in 2 defferent place...?? & what is MU?? i dont run a server for sharing that MU account in my 10 PC... moden directly goes to the switch... & PCs directly gets connected... take a look at this... so now rather using a switch i am useing deffernt phone lines...

Tech&ME

Banned
saurav_cheeta said:
Tech&ME said:

Well you didn't understand what i said, i am saying the same thing that you are, anyway try to understand this like this.

Say lets call the BSNL Server as A and your computer as B your friend1 as C and friend2 as D and friend3 as E .

So all your friends and u viz, "B" "C" "D" "E" connect to the same server "A" at the same time using your id and pwd.

Now what happens is say you "B" have a 1 GB quota, and your friends "C" , "D", and "E" use 20 MB each.

Now, BSNL will treat this as 20+20+20 = 60 MB of your friends and 20 MB of your so the total comes to 80 MB.

BSNL will charge u ("B") of 80 MB from your 1 GB quota limit.

And why i said this is not a NETWORKING, this was because you all are using the same account but are not physically connected to each other. And hence this type of setup can be used with a HOME plan.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
hey sourav!

here's what i found abt da ipadd u gav

Blacklist Status: Clear
Cached Whois: Cached today
Whois History: 706 records stored
Oldest: 2002-08-03
Newest: 2005-09-15
Record Type: IP Address
IP Location: - - Private Ip Address Lan
Reverse IP: Web server hosts 397 websites (reverse ip tool requires free login)
Reverse DNS: not set

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OrgName: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
OrgID: IANA
Address: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
City: Marina del Rey
StateProv: CA
PostalCode: 90292-6695

NetRange: 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
CIDR: 192.168.0.0/16
NetName: IANA-CBLK1
NetHandle: NET-192-168-0-0-1
Parent: NET-192-0-0-0-0
NetType: IANA Special Use
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG
NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IANA.ORG
Comment: This block is reserved for special purposes.
Comment: Please see RFC 1918 for additional information.
Comment:
RegDate: 1994-03-15
Updated: 2002-09-16

OrgAbuseHandle: IANA-IP-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Number
OrgAbusePhone: +1-310-301-5820
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgTechHandle: IANA-IP-ARIN
OrgTechName: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Number
OrgTechPhone: +1-310-301-5820
OrgTechEmail:

Anindya