UPS frequently and Unexpectedly beeps and shutdown!!!!

Is this thread helpful to you?

• Total voters

Mayank Kothari

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I have bought Powercom UPS, model : IND-600A in year 2005.
From last 2-3 days it is not working properly, when i switch on the plug socket, room's fan and lights gets fluctuating. Also when i switch on the ups by pressing the button provided on it, it starts producing sound(beep). This happens sometimes but not always. Sometimes when i turn on my pc after 3-5 min., the ups starts beep and shutdowns [sometimes even without any sound(beep)]:shock:. As shutdown goes unexpectedly Windows ask for normal or safe mode boot which may lead to vulnerable working of Windows 7 and can loose my data which is bothering me much more.:-?

I have given the ups battery power supply to my monitor and CPU only.

PC Config.
Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 630, 2800 Mhz
RAM : 4GB
MotherBoard : Asus M4A78LT-M LE
Hard Disk : WD Black Edition 640 GB
Power Supply : Odessey 450W
Monitor : LG Flatron E2040T

Help Me with this frustrating conditions.:banghead:
:cry:

Thank You

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
I think your ups have given up ,try this remove the connection of computer,try the ups to power appliances of low power like a 100watt bulb/cfl or a table fan & check how much backup you get & does the same problem that you get when connected to computer.
if you have no problem with budget get a new ups

Last edited:
OP
M

Mayank Kothari

Right off the assembly line
I think your ups have given up ,try this remove the connection of computer,try the ups to power appliances of low power like a 100watt bulb/cfl or a table fan & check how much backup you get & does the same problem that you get when connected to computer.
if you have no problem with budget get a new ups

Which UPS would u suggest me to buy as per my configuration?

aloodum

Journeyman
^^^ The APC 650VA should just suffice with a practical window of 15 mins.

Here, you can use this tool:
UPS Sizing Calculator

Top Bottom