Upgrading Windows 7 from vista

rider

as Kratos
Hello, my friend has an old core2duo laptop comes with windows vista home premium 32bit and he he now recently bought windows 7 home premium to upgrade and he don't want to format the C: drive as all his data and software would get lost. So, tell me the procedure how to upgrade windows 7 without any issue.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I dont know why your friend wants to keep all the installed software. But I would recommend to install a fresh copy of Windows 7. Upgrading will keep many junk files in Hardrive. If he wants to keep the documents in Vista, he can dual boot Windows 7 with Vista. As Softwares are concerned these can be installed again right?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
I tried to upgrade windows 7 home premium but it takes forever to check compatibility. I tried 3 times and the last for over 30min but it is not working. Now, I turned off laptop, he is worried about his laptop as C: drive is the only drive apart from recovery drive.

Tech&ME

Banned
the same way you had installed in your previous OS. Most Antivirus software will detect the OS as NEW and you can use the previous key.

If you are unable to activate, contact Antivirus Software Support, and tell them that you have re-installed your Operating System, they will help you activate it. [ you may have to share your purchase details with the CCE. ]

Note :

1. Uninstall the antivirus from old computer first, also do not go back and use the old antivirus with internet ON. This will get validated and blocked automatically as piracy.

2. Discussions related to piracy is not encouraged here, so be aware of it.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
There is a problem in other laptop where vista is not able to sleep, on clicking the sleep button with cursor. Whenever I click on sleep the computer locks but not sleep.

Top Bottom