Upgrading PC in 17k budget.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
You people mean if pair up FX-6300 with Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 without graphics card, i wont be able to even start my PC??

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
According to his budget its good. Otherwise he has to spend like 7k on Asus m97 mobo and 4-5k on low end gpu...
I can extend my budget upto 5K but i cant buy GPU right nw so i will hve to relinquishly buy inbuilt graphics mobo.
What bout this mobo ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 , is it good & compatible with FX-6300?
Otherwise suggest ne other mobo upto 5K.

I can extend my budget upto 5K but i cant buy GPU right nw so i will hve to relinquishly buy inbuilt graphics mobo.
What bout this mobo ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 , is it good & compatible with FX-6300?
Otherwise suggest ne other mobo upto 5K.

if you can manage JUST 1k more, then you can get Gigabyte GA970A DS3 for 5k and get a used heap graphic card for he time being. You'll not want to compromise with motherboards with powerful CPUs.

no point suggesting intel. All pro-amd here.

i hope i dont get an infraction for this. :|

Guys please suggest an Intel based solution

Theres no place for Intel in the forum... wether your rig is 17k or 1 lk.... you will always have to buy AMD. If you dont have the budget to buy the recommended AMD, you need to increase it. If you have more than enough budget, then it means that you wont be needing the extra power and still have to stick with AMD. :p
This post is sure to be deleted or reported...:lol:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Theres no place for Intel in the forum... wether your rig is 17k or 1 lk.... you will always have to buy AMD. If you dont have the budget to buy the recommended AMD, you need to increase it. If you have more than enough budget, then it means that you wont be needing the extra power and still have to stick with AMD. :p
This post is sure to be deleted or reported...:lol:

then you better suggest an intel config for the specified budget and see whether it is better than amd or not by checking benchmarks.

lol. Your post still did not sound like that for me.:p
Edit: amd is not the best. Intel too. 'best' depends on budget in my point of view.
Sorry for OT remarks.. I am too noob for knowledge level of the many ppl in the forum.
Please let me know the budget at which Intel is the best.. as per the discussion in the forum. I dont see the point of buying anything other than fx8350 even for 2l budget...considering the point which is being re-iterated always...." Future games will be optimized for 8 cores".
In one thread when the budget was 60-70k, 8350 was recommended citing the limited budget...In other thread for 1lakh.. again 8350 was recommended citing different reasons.
Why should anyone buy a 4770k when everything is being optimied for FX8350... and is almost half the price..
Dont want to start a flame war.. but I had these doubts from many days seeing the suggestions in all the rigs. Where is intel viable... in the present day personal computer scenario?
Are there any features that make intel proccy better?
I would be glad if any one explains these things to me peacefully with out starting a all-out war...

Sorry for OT remarks.. I am too noob for knowledge level of the many ppl in the forum.
Please let me know the budget at which Intel is the best.. as per the discussion in the forum. I dont see the point of buying anything other than fx8350 even for 2l budget...considering the point which is being re-iterated always...." Future games will be optimized for 8 cores".
In one thread when the budget was 60-70k, 8350 was recommended citing the limited budget...In other thread for 1lakh.. again 8350 was recommended citing different reasons.
Why should anyone buy a 4770k when everything is being optimied for FX8350... and is almost half the price..
Dont want to start a flame war.. but I had these doubts from many days seeing the suggestions in all the rigs. Where is intel viable... in the present day personal computer scenario?
Are there any features that make intel proccy better?
I would be glad if any one explains these things to me peacefully with out starting a all-out war...

Some facts:

processor price of a decent, complementing motherboard

1. i3 3220 4000
2. FX 6300 5000
3. A10 5800k 5000
4. i5 4xxx 6600 is the price of cheapest available board AFAIK
5. i5 4xxxk 9000
6. FX 8350 8000
7. i7 xxxk 13000

price difference b/w i3 and FX 6300: 1100
price difference b/w i5 xxx and FX 8350: 1000
price difference b/w i5 xxxk and FX 8350: -2000

I dont think one will recommend Fx 8350 over i7 xxxk if the budget is >1L.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Please let me know the budget at which Intel is the best.. a

in the very low budget people ,no amd processor is able to beat pentium g2020/g2010 which is available for around 3k. So intel wins.
In the medium segment i3 offers 2 cores whereas fx6300 offers 6 cores which offers superior multitasking capabilites leaving intel far behind although single threaded performance is little behind. fx 6300 offers superior overclocking capability too. Who like to use single threaded applications more when s/w which can use multiple core is available?
And fx 8350 beats intel i5 in many benchmarks although falls behind for some.Blame Windows for this. As in linux operating system fx 8350 even beats i7 in many bench marks.fx 8350 offers superior overclocking capability too. Choosing fx8350 against i5/i7 give much more money which can be used to spend on good graphic card as games on 1080p or more is purely dependent on gpu performance .you just need a cpu which does not bottleneck gpu.
in very high budget, there is no offence to take an i7 config.

." Future games will be optimized for 8 cores".

future games will be able to use the hyperthreaded cores also as i3 showed good improvements over pentium offerings on crysis 3. again hyperthreaded core can not be equal to a real core. I think I7 will be safe while i5 may be in trouble.

no war here. only personal opinions and knowledge,

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
if you can manage JUST 1k more, then you can get Gigabyte GA970A DS3 for 5k and get a used heap graphic card for he time being. You'll not want to compromise with motherboards with powerful CPUs.

Yes.. exactly i ws thinking. Since after this upgrade i am never gonna upgrade my PC (untill something burns out) so i also thought of not compromising, its better to buy later than regret now at cheap purchase.

From where can i get "used heap graphic card"?

Whats better... 3.5k mobo with 6-7k GPU or 5K mobo with 5-6K GPU??
P.S- For games at med setting like GTA4 , PCSX2 games, COD (as many versions i can run), Battlefield, Crysis, Bioshock. (is this hardcore gaming?)

Top Bottom