Upgrading(or downgrading) from ivy-bridge to haswell.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
f8lt22-4.png
(please tell me how to display my rig under my posts,i.e what you guys refer to as Sig.)

This is my existing rig,along with haf 912 and corsair gs600.
I am looking to sell my i-5/3570k and gb z77x-ud3h for 14k and 12 k respectively ,because i am not really interested in overclocking and i use my pc for only gaming,and i cant afford a cpu cooler and i will invest the money from the sale in :

1)i5-4570-rs 13940 or i5-4670-rs15248 (is the price difference worth it? )

2)Mobo for the i5 fourth generation- Gigabyte H87-D3H @ 7.5K (is it good?if not then please suggest other in this range.)

3)remaining 4k will be used for gpu,most probably 270x or 280x which will be bought in april.

I will use the integrated graphics till then (the hd4600)

Also suggest case fans for 1k 200m (red coulour).

Thankyou and cheers! :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all tell this:which card are you expecting to get with 4k savings because only 270x card i know is R9 270x & at its current price 4k barely covers 25% of its cost.seems like too much hassle just to save 4k to spend later on a less capable mobo+processor setup.

> If you don't want to overclock, just leave the clock speeds as it is. Why do you want to sell it and purchase a new altogether?th gen i offers very low performance improvements over 3rd gen. I strongly suggest you to hold on that CPU and motherboard and avoid useless part changes.

> You cannot include images in signature in TDF. you can however mention your rig as plain text like other members (including me) do.

first of all tell this:which card are you expecting to get with 4k savings because only 270x card i know is R9 270x & at its current price 4k barely covers 25% of its cost.seems like too much hassle just to save 4k to spend later on a less capable mobo+processor setup.

I think OP means that he will use this 4k (plus some more cash) to buy the card.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
do not upgrade to haswell. your cpu is powerful. just get a gpu for gaming. if you dont want to overclock, then do not do it. but upgrading to that haswell is simply a waste of money.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i meant all this hassle to get 4k to later spend on buying a card which currently costs ~17k by getting a less capable mobo+processor is pointless.one can save 4k in 4 months instead of going through all this.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Thank you every one for your quick replies. :)

I feel i have not been clear enough in my post.

I know i5-3570k is a beast processor,but what use is the beast if you cant tame it? :p

Leaving poet ism aside,i am never going to overclock,so the k on the cpu and the z77 on the motherboard is a total waste

if i sell it for 25-26k and buy a new cpu and mobo for 21k and

1)get improved performance(no matter how small) by paying less
2)save almost 4k which can take me from a 18k gpu to a 22k cpu(almost from a 7870 to a r9 280x :D )

Now is my viewpoint clear? if not please say
If there is a fault in my idea then please say so.
Cheers! :D

Edit: @whitestar: even that 4k is money saved,better than keeping something that i am not going to use,also i can use that 4k to add 4gb ram (i only have 4gb now) and i dont have to shell out later to buy the ram.
Thanks you,please keep the suggestions coming . :)

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

I know i5-3570k is a beast processor,but what use is the beast if you cant tame it? :p

Leaving poet ism aside,i am never going to overclock,so the k on the cpu and the z77 on the motherboard is a total waste

2)save almost 4k which can take me from a 18k gpu to a 22k cpu(almost from a 7870 to a r9 280x :D )

Edit: @whitestar: even that 4k is money saved,better than keeping something that i am not going to use,also i can use that 4k to add 4gb ram (i only have 4gb now) and i dont have to shell out later to buy the ram.

i5 3570k and i5 4570 is almost same. now do you think that the 7.5k worth mobo complements to your old 13k worth z77 mobo? old mobo support sli and crossfireX, may be more durable and ofcourse more addons than that 7.5k,i guess.
how old is your system? do you think you can redeem 26k for it? i dont think so.

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
It will only work if you able to sell those stuff at that price

so if i get 25-26k for it then you think the upgrade is a good choice?

i5 3570k and i5 4570 is almost same. now do you think that the 7.5k worth mobo complements to your old 13k worth z77 mobo? old mobo support sli and crossfireX, may be more durable and ofcourse more addons than that 7.5k,i guess.
how old is your system? do you think you can redeem 26k for it? i dont think so.

I dont think i will use 2xgpus in the next 3 years (i will buy a 280x),can you please mention other differences?like when you say more durable?

It is 4 months old,never tweaked with.
hmm.. 25-26k,it all boils down to the money then.

So the question now is If i get 25-26k for the setup,do you guys think i should go with the upgrade?

Think i should start posting on various sites and bazar section?
I guess i will wait for more people to comment.

Cheers! :)

Your plan was clear in the first post itself. Now an even bigger no. And why can't you tame it? No one is asking you to overclock it. Keep using it like you have been . There is absolutely no visible gaming performance difference between a 3rd and 4th gen i5.

I dont think i will use 2xgpus in the next 3 years (i will buy a 280x),can you please mention other differences?like when you say more durable?

So the question now is If i get 25-26k for the setup,do you guys think i should go with the upgrade?

The max you can get for that combo is 18k. maybe 800 bucks more but nothing more.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

i5 3570k is 3.4ghz cpu where as i5 4570 is 3.2ghz cpu.so there may not be any improvements that you may expect except the architecture change.
why dont you learn and try overclocking? if you did not have any interest in overclocking, why did you purchase that cpu?
if you can get 26k(highly unlikely), then you may consider upgrading. else if you dont have any interest in overclocking ,sell your old mobo and get a cheap h77 mobo. use the saved cash for better gpu.
this is just my opinion

Last edited:
OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Your plan was clear in the first post itself. Now an even bigger no. And why can't you tame it? No one is asking you to overclock it. Keep using it like you have been . There is absolutely no visible gaming performance difference between a 3rd and 4th gen i5.

The max you can get for that combo is 18k. maybe 800 bucks more but nothing more.

I can`t keep it like it is because i thought I was wasting the cpus potential and hence wasting money,so selling it and using the money for ram and indirectly for graphics card wpuld be better. (my opinion earlier,whcih thanks to you is changing now :p )
But if i am getting 18k for it then there is no way i am selling it.

i5 3570k is 3.4ghz cpu where as i5 4570 is 3.2ghz cpu.so there may not be any improvements that you may expect except the architecture change.
why dont you learn and try overclocking? if you did not have any interest in overclocking, why did you purchase that cpu?
if you can get 26k(highly unlikely), then you may consider upgrading. else if you dont have any interest in overclocking ,sell your old mobo and get a cheap h77 mobo. use the saved cash for better gpu.
this is lust my opinion

Its not that i dont want to learn,overclocking will require an after market cooler and i dont even have a gpu or 8gigs of ram yet,so the cooler is out of the question.

lol,what lust?i am thinking about saving money and downgrading by selling something i may never fully use,their is no lust.

yep sell that mobo at 10k and get intel z75 mobo @ 4.5k . this would be good - you save 6.5k
So that would mean i could never overclock and my i5-3570k would reduce to a i5-3570,then y not sell the i5 too and save some more cash?
I think i would sell the bundle or i would keep the bundle,i wont change only one of them.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Here is what i am gonna do:
I will post at various forums,sites about my cpu and mobo,see what price i get,if i get 25k(minimum) then i would sell it,if its even 24.9k then i wont.
:)

P.s Topgear in the bazaar section "how much can i sell my old stuff for"said 24-25k,and i believe he is an expert and a reputed member and mod of tdf so that is why i said 25k.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/bazaar/139625-how-much-can-i-sell-my-old-stuff-46.html
Page 46,post 1361.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
lol,what lust?i am thinking about saving money and downgrading by selling something i may never fully use,their is no lust.

corrected.:) a spelling mistake :lol: :lol:

So that would mean i could never overclock and my i5-3570k would reduce to a i5-3570,then y not sell the i5 too and save some more cash?
I think i would sell the bundle or i would keep the bundle,i wont change only one of them.

you can overclock with z75 mobo but not too much. by selling your i5 3570k, you are loosing money not saving anything.
I can`t keep it like it is because i thought I was wasting the cpus potential and hence wasting money,so selling it and using the money for ram and indirectly for graphics card wpuld be better. (my opinion earlier,whcih thanks to you is changing now )
But if i am getting 18k for it then there is no way i am selling it.
you can buy an after market cooler anytime later. get it when you think that your cpu need more juice to work. else stick with stock. you may not need to change from stock for atlest 2 years. i5 3570k is a strong powerful cpu ;)
Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
I will post at various forums,sites about my cpu and mobo,see what price i get,if i get 25k(minimum) then i would sell it,if its even 24.9k then i wont.
try your luck. let us see who is gonna buy that (at that price)? :)

Darth Vader

In the zone
25k for them....hmm..... not gonna happen unless you're very lucky.
BTW how much warranty left for CPU/Mobo ?

Top Bottom