upgrading!!!!!!! need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well coz 1TB HDD's r crashing like hell.........many members here hav reported of crashing their 1TB HDD's. So for now its far better to go with two 500GB HDD. Coz if the 1TB fails all ur data gone in just a moment....!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Well coz 1TB HDD's r crashing like hell.........many members here hav reported of crashing their 1TB HDD's. So for now its far better to go with two 500GB HDD. Coz if the 1TB fails all ur data gone in just a moment....!!

Is this a problem with few brands or what...now this will set me back for buying a 1TB HDD shiiiiit :aaargh:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup.......Its mainly the problem with only seagate. For other major brands like WD, I'ven't heard any complain. Well according to me WD is far better than seagate(at least at present). So I wud suggest u to go for two 500GB HDD's from WD. Be on safe side. :)

Zangetsu

Yup.......Its mainly the problem with only seagate. For other major brands like WD, I'ven't heard any complain. Well according to me WD is far better than seagate(at least at present). So I wud suggest u to go for two 500GB HDD's from WD. Be on safe side. :)

ok...but will dat the same price...500+500 = 1000TB price...
moreover using two 500GB's will consume more power as compared to single 1TB :oops:

@asingh: I am careful always...but u r careless...check ur CP...:-x

Anubis

Courage to Know
moreover using two 500GB's will consume more power as compared to single 1TB :oops:

@asingh: I am careful always...but u r careless...check ur CP...:-x

Well that was not nice to say about someone.

He just wanted to warn you that's all

I think u took it in a wrong way

Now don't take me in a wrong way , bro

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Well.....I don't think so.......WD 500GB HDD's are prices at 2.4k now.

Ya.....if u calculate Cost/GB wise then 1TB is of-course better choise. But considering all other factors 500GB is much better choise at least at present.

Zangetsu

Well that was not nice to say about someone.

He just wanted to warn you that's all

I think u took it in a wrong way

Now don't take me in a wrong way , bro

Nope yaar its not a personal remark 2 him...just wanna say its been a week & asigh has not accepted my pending frnd request....:hissyfit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom