Upgrading my PC

rohidroid

Right off the assembly line
Hello, I'm going to build a new PC, and I'm future proofing it for the next 2 years.
So, from what I could salvage from my old PC, I think I can exclude these from upgrading.

Monitor
Speakers
HDD
PSU
CD Drive
Mouse and Keyboard.

What I need to upgrade is these, my budget is around 30000Rs.
and I've chosen a few parts. All suggestions are welcome.

PROCESSOR - Intel Core i5 - 6400
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 2x4GB
GRAPHICS CARD - Zotac NVIDIA GTX 750TI

Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I'm planning to run all the upcoming graphics intensive games like the Watch Dogs 2, CoD Infinite Warfare, Battlefield, Project CARS, Witcher 3.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30k Rupees.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Nope.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10, as I'm planning to buy a DX12 card.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I'm planning to keep my old HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Nope.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, HDD, Cabinet, Speakers, CD Drive, PSU (Possibly, you suggest.)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In a few weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I have never built a desktop before. Previous one was done by an assembler but I'm planning to build this one by myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I have an wholesale shop in mind. Planning to go there.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I would like to make it a future proof, say 2 years, to play new games smoothly.

Thanks to Rohan for the questions.

yasho2249

Broken In
Your soo called "futureproofing" depends on your own expectations. You can obviously build a gaming pc for 30k but if you expect 60fps at high setting at 1080p after 2 years, well you will be disappointed. I would suggest an i3 with a better gpu like 950 or 960 but we don't know at what resolution you are going to be playing your games. At 720p, the 750ti is good, not really known for FHD gaming

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget:30K

PROCESSOR - Intel Core i5 6400 -13000,
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 -5000,
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -2500,
GRAPHICS CARD - Zotac GTX 950 2GB -12500.
TOTAL -33,000.

Increase your budget for another 3k and get the best PC in terms of price to performance ratio. Okay.

OP
R

rohidroid

Right off the assembly line
Budget:30K

PROCESSOR - Intel Core i5 6400 -13000,
MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 -5000,
RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -2500,
GRAPHICS CARD - Zotac GTX 950 2GB -12500.
TOTAL -33,000.

Increase your budget for another 3k and get the best PC in terms of price to performance ratio. Okay.

Okay! That'll do!

Top Bottom