Upgrading my Mobo and RAM

tahask11

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my motherboard and RAM to DDR3. Currently I have some Palit OEM board and C2D E8200. Gskill 2 X 1GB DDR2 RAM.

I have zeroed in on
Asus P5G41T-M-LX OR Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P
Gskill and Corsair DDR3 1333 4GB RAM

These Asus and Gigabyte board mentioned RAM support 1333(OC). Will I have to Overclock these mobo or they are they factory overclocked. In case they are not, How easy and safe it is to overclock the board for 1333 FSB(As I will loose the warranty for something like this which my experience tells me is not worth it.

Please guys check the specification and let me know good these boards are. Or if you have any better option I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just checked both the links given by you. But 1333 MHz OC is not mentioned anywhere. So I guess a normal 1333 MHz ram will work at its default speed when plugged.
However, in general if Ram speed support is mentioned as X MHz OC (like 1600 MHz OC) then you've to overclock the Ram speed of the motherboard by changing the core clock speed or the Ram multiplier to make it work at that frequency.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@op First thing Overclocking does not void warranty as long as u don't fry components also u will need a good psu & aftermarket cpu cooler to safely oc ur Processor

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
As I will loose the warranty for something like this which my experience tells me is not worth it.

This is the most common misconception that people tend to have who are new to overclocking. You will never loose warranty just by overclocking PC components. If it was true, then only very few people would have been doing it now. :cool:
But remember the two important points that mithun_mrg have already mentioned.

Top Bottom