Upgrading Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
My existing system is
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1 GB Ram (256 MB Allocated for video)
MSI K9ngm2 (ATI Radeon X1200-Integrated)

I am running XP Pro and Vista Ultimate.

I find vista somewhat sluggish and slow and i am able to run crysis at all low settings.

I am planning to buy a graphics card in the range of Rs 5000-8000 and will it boost the performance of vista and games

And i need to backup up softwares, music, videos, etc and i want to buy portable harddisk. Please can u quote the best one of capacity of 160 GB

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^If you can spend a little more then you can buy the 9600GT.
Btw, even if you get a new graphics card, you cant play all games in Vista with just 1GB ram. Upgrade Ram to 2 GB.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
If you are not into hardcore gaming and are pretty much happy with medium level settings for graphics for games, i would suggest AMD HD3650 GPU for ~ 4.8k or so and use the remaining money on upgrading system memory to 2GB minimum to make a balanced system.

OP
D

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Thanks, So now i should do which of these
1)ASUS EN8600 GT
OR
2)AMD HD3650 GPU + 1 GB Ram(will become 2 GB Ram)

How would it affect my decision in Xp and Vista

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Is this agood buy8600 gt in rediff shopping
the listing doesnt mention which brand it is from so stay away :D

other good deals ;)

*techshop.in/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=8600GT

*search.ebay.in/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=8600GT

_

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hey extend ur budget slightly to get a 9600GT for around 9k . .but make sure u have a good psu ( atleast 26A on 12 volt rail ) ..

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
As Sagar made a point get urself a decent 500w PSU which is a must if u gonna get urelf a new GPU.

For casual gaming-AMD 3650,8600GT,n few days back AMD has launched there new GPU 3830 i m not sure if its available,check before buying.

Get any of the above gpu,n get urself a 1GB ram.1+1=2Gb is a must these days.

Roadripper

Journeyman
Go for a En8600gt wit a powersafe 500W or Coolermaster Rp600 PCAR 600w PSU, if ur upgradin later on 2 alpha dog 8800 GT also it wont be a prob... :D;)

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
go for 9600gt. ... .brilliant card....it supports a new feature compared to previous regarding vista....it doesnt disable some aero effects while watching movies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom