Upgrading Existing Core I7 930 Rig - 30-40K

Mystic

wise one
Warning you may feel a bit nostalgic as I have some old components.
I've an old i7 930 rig (not overclocked). I'm wondering what would be the best upgrades for this system that I can do under 30-40k budget? OR should I save up the molah until I have a better budget to revamp the complete rig with newer generation components.

Existing hardware setup:
CPU: Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E
Monitors: Dell U2311H x2
RAM: Gskill 6GB (2x3) 1600 DDR3 - One stick has died OR memory controller issue [the infamous "will not detect RAM but show up SPD info" issues with x58 boards]. One of the reason I'm planning an upgrade.
GPU: MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair TX650
Cabinet: CoolerMaster HAF 922

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

- Graphic Designs - Photoshop/Illustrator. Not much 3D rendering.
- Some VMs for development purporse.
- Multiple IDE like IntelliJ, Netbeans.
- Gaming: Not a lot of gaming but I play BF4 at medium settings on current rig without any issue. I'd like to be able to play Hardline and GTAV (soon!) at reasonable settings.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
For upgrading the existing rig I'll like do it under under 40k, preferably 30k. If a new rig is a better investment then I may be able to bump this up - I'll edit/create a new thread in that case.

3. Planning to overclock?
Maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Windows 8
Linux - Multiple distros

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Another 1TB or more. I'd also like to add a SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
1920x1080. Dell U2311H.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: See "existing hardware setup". I'd like to reuse anything that I can.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
As soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
I will take care of this.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Delhi. I'd prefer online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Once upon a time there was a king. He died. The End.

I'd definitely be adding SSD and get more RAM for the performance boost. What do you guys suggest I do with this rig?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4690 - 15k
Gigabyte B85 D3H - 5k
GTX 960 - 18k (?)

its really shocking how no one replied here :/

- - - Updated - - -

if you can sell off your current CPU+MOBO+GPU, maybe you can get a 970 too ;)

Top Bottom