Upgrading-Converting my old home PC .

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
I doubt the GT 740 doesnt require a 6 pin connector. On most places I see, it needs one. So a PSU is must in this case. Therefore, the R7 250 wins.

PS - Get the HD7770. I can see a fantastic deal on flipkart for it for 7144 only. An HD7770 kicks the GT740 and R7 250's butt! You'll need a 6 pin connector for it though and since FK has 10% off if you use an SBI credit/debit card you could get the GPU for 6430 and an H81 motherboard for 3000. Win-Win situation! :)

Great deal! but existing PSU has 20+4=24 pin connector, just now confirmed by Technician.

I'm in last rush, badly needed to finish by ordering today. Can't bear more son's apprehensions since last 15 days! pl support to order today itself. I'm ok with +or- 1 or 2k here or there!

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
^Get this
Error 500 Server Error

Gtx 750 and sapphire 7770 is on higher side/budget.

Considering gtx 730 or R7 -240 in the range of Rs 4k-4.5k. He's not heavy and advance gamer, just growing kid age of 14 year.

Which one of above is best fit with pentium 3220-H81M-S1 board?

Also, I continue with old PSU -D4-having 24 pin and in good condition. Later on may think to replace by new one.

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Gtx 750 and sapphire 7770 is on higher side/budget.

Considering gtx 730 or R7 -240 in the range of Rs 4k-4.5k.

Which one of above is best fit with pentium 3220-H81M-S1 board?

Also, I continue with old PSU -D4-having 24 pin and in good condition. Later on may think to replace by new one.
Dude get at least a 740. Those are multimedia cards :O

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Ok. Price?
Any quick link to buy online? R7-240 also having good rating. He's not heavy gamer, just growing kid.

skip the R7 240. It's not worth buying at all. :( Stick with a minimum of R7 250. you 'll get a Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 for 5.9k (on FK after SBI discount, make sure you also buy the motherboard from there. minimum cart value should be 7500 for the discount)

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
I ended up by replacing new Pentium G2030+Gigabyte H61M-S+2gb Hynix RAM and kept 250gb HDD & 4d PSU as it is due to tight budget. No graphic card added.

Now, some higher version & new game lacking; slow (replay kind of) running or not run at all.

Is it time to add graphic card-GT730? Does above mobo having enough power to run the show after adding graphic card?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
first you need to get a good psu. then think about adding a gpu.
antec bp300p at 1.8k is a good psu. you may have to extend your budget little bit to get a good gpu. low end gpus will do no good ;)

Top Bottom