Upgrading Breezy to Dapper using Ship-it CD !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
haah!

Has Anybody tried to upgrade the Breezy installation to the newer dapper...
The CD's that are shipped by Canonical don't allow you to upgrade as was possible initially...when upgrading from hoary to breezy...

I found the link on wiki page
*wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUpgrades
It says that in order to upgrade to dapper you should have the "alternate install cd" not the one that is being shipped which is actually a "Desktop CD"

But still anybody out here who used some other way of upgrading to dapper using the Dektop Cd for dapper.

I really don't want to go for a fresh install...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
The upgrade always gives problems. For eg., your mouse won't work!! So better
delete the Linux partition & install Dapper. @Dabster, I have sent you a PM.
Check it for solving your Audio & Video synchronisation problems

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Not really. I have upgraded from Breezy to Dapper. I didn't really face any problems as such. I did dist-upgrade straight from the net. And everything was done fine.
But, anyway in this case I suppose he should do fresh install unless he can get hold of alternate install cd.
This is one bad move by Ubuntu people they shouldn't have made different versions for upgrade and install.

rohandhruva

Broken In
Yes, the cd's shipped by Canonical are installable live cd's, they dont contain the individual .deb's needed to upgrade.

@JGuru : Ubuntu goes a mile out to make sure that there are no problems while upgrade, but man, it happens ;)

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
@JGuru, I never had problem upgrading from hoary to breezy...

This is really bad that they hv deceided to go for different versions for upgrading and install...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
But when I upgraded from Ubuntu 5.10 to 6.0 my mouse didn't work & also there
were few more problems as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom