Upgrade PC - Rs.20,000/- Max Budget

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hello Public,

Looking for suggestions on upgrading my PC. I plan to change the CPU, Motherboard (Better if it has more USB ports) & RAM only at the moment. I do not have a graphics card right now, and since the budget is tight, I would prefer having an APU which can fulfill some video editing needs as well. And do let me know if the CPU your are suggesting can handle some After Effects work as well? Or, will it definitely require a dedicated GPU. Thanks.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Apps I use & want to use: Photoshop, Video Editing software not decided, currently using OpenShot for basic edits) and learning After Effects soon.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: MAX: Rs.20,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: Already have HDD 1.5 TB (SSD upgradability option should be present in the suggested motherboard)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Re-using the monitor (LG E2041 20" - 1600x900)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Better to answer what I plan to buy - CPU, Motherboard & RAM

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By Dec 2020

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will assemble myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata, West Bengal. Prefer local vendors.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: As I said, I will be learning After Effects soon, so need a APU good enough for that, or if that is not feasible let me know a budget GPU. I was thinking 1650 Ti.

Use Win10.

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 9.5k

Mobo - Gigabyte B460M DS3H - 8k

RAM - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - 2.7k

Total - 20.2k

Contact vedantcomputers & mdcomputers at Chandni, there are many other shops there as well.

You can start using After Effects now, don't have high expectations.

Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC Motherboard

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Use Win10.

CPU - Intel i3 10100 - 9.5k

Mobo - Gigabyte B460M DS3H - 8k

RAM - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - 2.7k

Total - 20.2k

Contact vedantcomputers & mdcomputers at Chandni, there are many other shops there as well.

You can start using After Effects now, don't have high expectations.

Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC Motherboard

Thanks. Just a question though, why not a Ryzen based config? Isn't the Vega onboard graphics better than that of Intel's?

Last edited:
Thanks. Just a question though, why not a Ryzen based config? Isn't the Vega onboard graphics better than that of Intel's?
R3 3200G's onboard GPU is a bit better but not much but the i3 is much superior in CPU performance to R3 3200G because its 4c/8t vs 4c/4t of R3 3200G. R5 2400G used to be 10k, but again i3 has better CPU performance. R5 2400G's iGPU is better than Intel iGPU observably though.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
R3 3200G's onboard GPU is a bit better but not much but the i3 is much superior in CPU performance to R3 3200G because its 4c/8t vs 4c/4t of R3 3200G. R5 2400G used to be 10k, but again i3 has better CPU performance. R5 2400G's iGPU is better than Intel iGPU observably though.
Interesting. Can you please suggest a Ryzen based build as well, one with on-baord graphics, as the GPU purchase is not anytime soon for me? Thanks.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s said that Windows 7 and Intel play along well only until Intel 6th gen.

*superuser.com/questions/1306946/is...s-7-on-an-7th-gen-intel-cpu-kaby-lake/1307014

This might be the time to move to Windows 10.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
It’s said that Windows 7 and Intel play along well only until Intel 6th gen.

*superuser.com/questions/1306946/is...s-7-on-an-7th-gen-intel-cpu-kaby-lake/1307014

This might be the time to move to Windows 10.

Is that so? Then, I'll have to move on I guess :D

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Ryzen 5 4650G would be the best option for a new 6C/12T processor with iGPU but cost around 17k :(

This tech is obsolete now. You either have integrated GPUs with CPU or dedicated GPU running on PCIe x16 lanes.

Ya, I didn't use the correct term, but i meant a CPU with integrated Graphics..

Last edited:
OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
R5 3400G (13.7k) + AsRock B450 Pro4 (7.5k). Don't expect much from the iGPU.

Cool. Can I use an A series motherboard instead of B series? What features will I miss out on if I do this? Just want to know if I can save cash here, that is very important for me now. :)

Last edited:
Cool. Can I use an A series motherboard instead of B series? What features will I miss out on if I do this? Just want to know if I can save cash here, that is very important for me now. :)
With A320, you will generally be limited to just 2 RAM sticks with some mobos lacking an M.2 slot as well. No Ryzen 5000 support.

You can go for this one at 4.5k, has 2 RAM sticks & 1 M.2 slot with Ryzen 3rd gen support out of the box:
MSI A320M-A PRO MAX Motherboard

An iGPU comparison:
Surely R5 3400G has a better iGPU but its limited to playing light games only.

With a budget dedicated GPU, the i3 is a bit better though:

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
An iGPU comparison:
Surely R5 3400G has a better iGPU but its limited to playing light games only.

With a budget dedicated GPU, the i3 is a bit better though:

I will go for R5 3400G. Anyways I am not a big spender on PC Parts, unless they fall apart completely, as evident from my signature :grin:. Final question, as it just popped in my head: I have an Antec VP450P power supply, will it be able to handle the suggested config below (including a GPU addition, like a 1650 in a rare case)?

Processor - R5 3400G (~Rs.13700)
Mobo - MSI A320M-A Pro Max (~Rs.4500)
RAM - ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB (8GBX1) DDR4 3000MHZ (~Rs. 2775)
(I think the speed will be limited to 2933 per the CPU SPecs, right? That is fine with me though.)

Total - ~Rs.20,975/-

Last edited:
I will go for R5 3400G. Anyways I am not a big spender on PC Parts, unless they fall apart completely, as evident from my signature :grin:. Final question, as it just popped in my head: I have an Antec VP450P power supply, will it be able to handle the suggested config below (including a GPU addition, like a 1650 in a rare case)?

Processor - R5 3400G (~Rs.13700)
Mobo - MSI A320M-A Pro Max (~Rs.4500)
RAM - ADATA XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB (8GBX1) DDR4 3000MHZ (~Rs. 2775)
(I think the speed will be limited to 2933 per the CPU SPecs, right? That is fine with me though.)

Total - ~Rs.20,975/-
That PSU should be fine for the rig w/o GPU but with GPU, I'd recommend buying a new bronze rated 450W PSU at least, just to be safe, but that PSU should still handle vanilla GTX 1650 as its just a 75W GPU.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
That PSU should be fine for the rig w/o GPU but with GPU, I'd recommend buying a new bronze rated 450W PSU at least, just to be safe, but that PSU should still handle vanilla GTX 1650 as its just a 75W GPU.
Cool. Thank you. :smile:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I see you have already narrowed down. 4350G is available for about the same price, but you will have to shell out little more for A520 board and I feel it's worth the extra money. Check them out and see if you can fit them in your budget.

Top Bottom