Upgrade over existing gaming rig (51-70k budget)

sukant

Fragholic
What is your budget?
50-70k

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - AMD PHENOM 965 3.4 Ghz
Motherboard - Gigabyte - (Dont remember model no)
GPU - MSI GTX 560 ti HAWK EDITION
RAM - Corsair Value Ram 1333 Mhz (4*2gb)
Monitor - BenQ G2402HD
PSU - Corsair VX550
NZXT GAMMA

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
GPU- MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Edition ( Runs most games on medium settings at Full HD right ??)
PSU - Corsair VX550 ( Say i go for a 23-25k graphics (GRX 780) card will this suffice or not)

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
I5 processor
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
8GB RAM
WD HDD 1 TB
PSU if needed else will stay with VX550
Cabinet - suggest best cabinet in between 3-6k looks and cable management wise
3D monitor which is best for gaming and movies and sub 20k - 22 inch will also do

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Will upgrade graphics card whenever budget permits
No need of speakers/mouse/keyboard

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City)
Bangalore/Chennai
Open to online purchase
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the market
Other than graphics card no
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Watching 3D HD movies

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None whatsoever

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Anything which comes out

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920 * 1080
Desktop - 1920 * 1080

Are you looking to overclock?
No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8 64 bit

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Xeon E3 1231 - 17k (?)
Gigabyte D3H B85M - 5.5k
HyperXFury - 2x4GB - 6k
WD Black 1TB - 5k
Samsung Evo 128GB - 5k
NZXT Phantom 410 - 6k (primeabgb)

Wait for someone to reply on the monitor. Also you could skip the ssd if you want but i'd suggest to add it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Xeon E3 1231 - 17k (?)
Gigabyte D3H B85M - 5.5k
HyperXFury - 2x4GB - 6k
WD Black 1TB - 5k
Samsung Evo 128GB - 5k
NZXT Phantom 410 - 6k (primeabgb)

Wait for someone to reply on the monitor. Also you could skip the ssd if you want but i'd suggest to add it.
What is the need for Xeon CPU when one can get i5.

Intel Core i5 4590 -13000,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6000,
WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500,
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB -9500,
NZXT Phantom 240 -4500,
Seasonic S12II 520w -4950,
Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB -10500,
Dell S2240L LED IPS -8500.
TOTAL -67,450.
MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Edition is outdated compared to the newer Maxwell GPU which also consumes less power.Corsair VX550 is sufficient but Seasonic is best.
B85 Series does not have RAID.

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi sukant,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC.Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The Corsair VX550 power supply is compatible with the system, no need to change.

For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.
Example: Dell, Sony, LG, Samsung.

Hope it helps.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi sukant,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC.Here are some options for you.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. In build, MOBO is the support of SLI and CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The Corsair VX550 power supply is compatible with the system, no need to change.

For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.

Hope it helps.

i7 K CPU isn't good at all its best to go with an i5.
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000,
NZXT Phantom 240 -4500,
TOTAL -67,450.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
What is the need for Xeon CPU when one can get i5.

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5000,
NZXT Phantom 240 -4500,
TOTAL -67,450.
MSI GTX 560 ti Hawk Edition is outdated compared to the newer Maxwell GPU which also consumes less power.Corsair VX550 is sufficient but Seasonic is best.
B85 Series does not have RAID.

You are right on the Xeon vs i5 one. but

> where is 4590 availiable for 13k?
> Why a 250GB SSD? They are just for boot up and he won't need that much SSD space.
> why Phantom 240 when budget permits for 410?
> Why S12II when OP has a good enough PSU? Do you want OP to just blow away his money for nothing?
> funny cause GTX 750Ti ~ 560Ti in performance
> Ever read the questionnaire? he needs a 3D monitor. he intends to watch 3D movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi sukant,

Hope it helps.

you need to stop :O :O

No need to change the psu if it's not giving you problems , it's one of the legendary, and if your main preference is gaming than get an i5 4690k and if possible Asus z97 a or k

> Why a 250GB SSD? They are just for boot up and he won't need that much SSD space.
> Why S12II when OP has a good enough PSU? Do you want OP to just blow away his money for nothing?
> Ever read the questionnaire? he needs a 3D monitor. he intends to watch 3D movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehehe and I thought my jokes are funny :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but for future proofing I suggested that, since he has a budget too, AND he might buy a gpu later on, so with all his money I think it's better if he go for overclockable Proccy, if not than fine...

OP
S

sukant

Fragholic
I have not really explored into the field of overclocking till date , overclocking would mean i would need to spend on some good cooling solutions beyond 3-4k as well so doubtful I would go that lane.
I intend to buy a GPU later and it has to give atleast 10-15 FPS performance better than my current GPU at maxed settings ( for the latest games, I am comfortable with 30+ FPS in most of the games for the campaign/SP mode).
I would like to stick to the option of I5 + SLI/CrossFire compatible motheroboard
As aditya pointed out if the corsair vx550 can support a GTX 970/980 i would not like to change the PSU.
Which monitor do you people suggest , a 3d monitor preferably since i already own a good TN panel ( BenQ G2420 HD)

I have not really explored into the field of overclocking till date , overclocking would mean i would need to spend on some good cooling solutions beyond 3-4k as well so doubtful I would go that lane.
I intend to buy a GPU later and it has to give atleast 10-15 FPS performance better than my current GPU at maxed settings ( for the latest games, I am comfortable with 30+ FPS in most of the games for the campaign/SP mode).
I would like to stick to the option of I5 + SLI/CrossFire compatible motheroboard
As aditya pointed out if the corsair vx550 can support a GTX 970/980 i would not like to change the PSU.
Which monitor do you people suggest , a 3d monitor preferably since i already own a good TN panel ( BenQ G2420 HD)

Ah ok, actually your budget's upper and lower limits confused me :-D
I thought 70k was excluding gfx,i even thought you may go to SLI /cfx route given that budget, H97 boards don't support SLI (?) and crossfire is limited to x4 (?),and if you're not gonna buy an i7 then why not an i5 k model, you wouldn't need a cpu cooler until you overclock,you can buy it later, hence suggested z97 mobo, I might be completely wrong about h97 vs Z97 SLI /CFX thing,that was my reasoning behind that,

Sorry if it got too complicated :-D
But if you DO intend to exclude gpu from 70k and going for SLI/CFX ,then do consider my suggestion,maybe other members can help you in this regard

Cheers and peace 

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

- - - Updated - -

>The prices online have increased but in primeabgb its 13.9k locally its available for 13k
>SSD prices have come down drastically 250GB is just 9.5k
>NZXT Phantom 410 top and front were made of plastic and there is no proper rubber grommets for cable management> more heat in the desktop
>Yes OP can retain his old PSU as it is more than sufficient
>GTX750Ti is based on maxwell more power efficient and his budget friendly
>3D monitors are very costly so any TN or IPS is budget friendly

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
>The prices online have increased but in primeabgb its 13.9k locally its available for 13k
>SSD prices have come down drastically 250GB is just 9.5k
>NZXT Phantom 410 top and front were made of plastic and there is no proper rubber grommets for cable management> more heat in the desktop
>Yes OP can retain his old PSU as it is more than sufficient
>GTX750Ti is based on maxwell more power efficient and his budget friendly
>3D monitors are very costly so any TN or IPS is budget friendly

> ohk locally
> still no sense in buying 256GB
> Will have to check reviews again :|
> cool
> lol so you want him to spend 10k so that he could get the same performance? :lol:
> thats just like an i7 is very costly, better get a pentium. he intends to watch 3D movies and has a budget which can easily include a 3D monitor :)

Top Bottom