Upgrade or NO

vikashkb

Broken In
should i upgrade

Hi,
my current pc config is

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 Desktop Processor
ASUS LGA 1366 - Intel X58 ATX Motherboard P6X58D-E
Corsair 12 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Core i7 Triple Channel Memory Kit CMX6GX3M3A1600C9
(Crossfire) XFX Radeon HD 6870 1 GB DDR5 X 2 (Crossfire)
1 tb hdd x 2

I want to upgrade my pc for better gaming performances. most of the games i play are fps and rpg( splinter cell, COD, skyrim tomb raider, so the processor usage is not that high on charts. my question is if I replace my existing 2 graphic cards with single xfx r9 280x graphic card, will i see a substantial increase in performance or will my any other hardware will be bottleneck. please advice me,
My budget is around 30K

thanking you

Honeydew

Broken In
Which psu you have?if you have a good psu then the r9 280x will be a nice upgrade.and no your other hardwares will not bottlebeck the gpu.
And avoid xfx go with sapphire or asus
What is the resolution of your monitor?

masterkd

Padawan
Re: should i upgrade

IF you take my advice, no need for upgrade right away. Your system will still hold very good for coming two years, may be more. Don't waste hard earned cash unnecessarily.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: should i upgrade

You can upgrade the Graphics card for sure. I used to be owner of HD 6870 Crossfire setup and with the games like Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Crysis 2 and 3, they seemed to performing not up the mark due to the 1GB Video memory. Your rest of the components are very powerful and no need for upgrading. What you can do is getting a card like R9 280X which will be within 24K. You will get substantial Graphics performance improvement.

Honeydew

Broken In
with that psu and monitor you will definetly notice the performence increase in your games.go for the r9 280x:mrgreen:

Top Bottom