Upgrade my SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishant

Broken In
hello, members ..this is my first thread...
i hav an asus m2n-vm dh mobo + amd 4200+, 4x1 ddr2 667 mhz Kingston ram+3 sata HDDs + hp dvd + microtek 300 watt smps........i want to know that is my current smps capable for this config. or shud i upgrade.....pls suggest me a detailed upgrade suggestion for smps......i don't hav Antec/CM in my city....
thaks in advance

nvidia

-----ATi-----
That 300W SMPS will not be enough.
You buy atleast 450W SMPS though 400 will usually be enough for your config

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
300 watt is not sufficient.I will suggest you ti upgrade to any with 450 watt or even higher watt SMPS.

300 watt is not sufficient.I will suggest you ti upgrade to any with 450 watt or even higher watt SMPS.

Last edited:
OP
Dishant

Dishant

Broken In
in my area only brands like zebronics, enter and i ball r available......and my budget is 2000
which one shud i opt for?

morgoth

Right off the assembly line
well this SMPS is most probably enough for your needs. Whoever saying it is not enough has very little knowledge about smps.
still follow this link and check ur actual requirements: *www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Point no 1: If you have already bought the psu stick with it if you are not having stability problems. Look buddy Microteck is now something of a stellar performer but unless you don't add a graphics card or use heavy computing that will put your processor on 100% load for prolong periods, this PSU should do fine.

If you want to upgrade atleast get a zebronics 500W platinum if it's available. Zebronics is not a good brand but you can't help it as there is nothing else available.
If you are upgrading, keep in mind that at least 450W is must with minimum 30amps on +12V rails (very important). Even if a PSU is 600W but only have 20amps on +12V rails it's worthless. so keep this in mind. amps on +12V rails is very important.
:cool:

OP
Dishant

Dishant

Broken In
thank you guyz...thanks you all......for helping me and coz today is THANKSGIVING DAY..........

******* ****HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY*********

TO EVERYBODY HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom