Upgrade my desktop

deepak_ds

Broken In
I will be changing my mobo, RAM and processor. I have a uATX motherboard. Suggest me a configuration within 12k and another within 15k. And I would prefer a 2nd gen processor with min 2.4Ghz clock speed. And I have a NVIDIA gfx card. So no need for crossfire support. And if possible, a USB 3.0 port would be great.

OP
deepak_ds

deepak_ds

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Everyday entertainment and casual gaming. I want Assassin's Creed 3 to run smooth. 40-45fps at low/medium settings. Or MOHW smooth at low/medium settings.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 12k. can be extended to 15k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Maybe.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 home premium(64bit)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Not needed.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:1366*768, shows 1360*768 in DVI mode. 22".

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I am having GFX card, and SMPS. Sound card won't be needed. It's just mobo, RAM and CPU upgradation.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Very soon. Like tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler if getting things from local else online.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Locally. If locally not available then online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: If possible mobo should have a USB 3.0. No crossfire support required.
There are chances that I might not be getting a processor upgrade.
So also suggest me a LGA775 socket mobo and a suitable NVIDIA GFX card with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom