Upgrade from Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

maverick121

Journeyman
Been using Grand 2 for 1+ year warranty is expired.Its a very good phone.But the kitkat update installed makes it unable to write to SD Card.Plus im bored with the white looks.Was thinking of selling grand 2 and getting a new phone,since there a lot of phones with good config that fits the budget.Im looking for a black phone(sony like black brick) that is equal or performs better than grand 2 and has the looks.Budget will be below 15,000( i hope i can get a good phone for this.. Can get an S4 for 17k from amazon..but same looks )

Please advice

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Performance wise, Yu Yureka destroys anything currently in the sub 15k segment. Mi3 is discontinued or else it would've been the sure choice. S4 is not worth it, certainly not with the bloated crapwiz. If you can increase the budget, Oneplus One (16 gb) would be the best phone for 19k.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Performance wise, Yu Yureka destroys anything currently in the sub 15k segment. Mi3 is discontinued or else it would've been the sure choice. S4 is not worth it, certainly not with the bloated crapwiz. If you can increase the budget, Oneplus One (16 gb) would be the best phone for 19k.

Thanks for the quick reply.I dont want to increase my budget to 19k :) Dont want to waste money for the performance i dont need.Has Yu Yureka got good camera performance?
How is after sales service.. do they have any service centres locally?
Does the phone comply with international certifications (CE,SAR testing)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Camera is probably the best for sub 15k android phones. Yu a sister company of Micromax and Yureka is rebranded Coolpad F2 4G. Still has got CM11 and will get CM12 soon.

They've promised door-to-door service. And I think local micromax service centres will do the job.
I haven't checked its SAR values, but any detailed information can be found here:

YU Yureka - Full phone specifications

PS: Take the users comments there lightly. Most are confused if CM11 is android or not. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Camera is probably the best for sub 15k android phones. Yu a sister company of Micromax and Yureka is rebranded Coolpad F2 4G. Still has got CM11 and will get CM12 soon.

They've promised door-to-door service. And I think local micromax service centres will do the job.
I haven't checked its SAR values, but any detailed information can be found here:

YU Yureka - Full phone specifications

PS: Take the users comments there lightly. Most are confused if CM11 is android or not. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks but ... SAR Values are not there :(

I'm still using Samsung Grand Duos with custom lollipop installed.
Wait for Asus Zenfone 2 to be release in India. Its going to under 20k segment.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Let me check it myself. I have the phone with me.

SAR:
0.27 W/kg @ 1g (Head)
0.56 W/kg @ 1g (Body)

Thanks,I think its lower than grand 2 :)
SAR US 0.58 W/kg (head) 1.03 W/kg (body)
SAR EU 0.44 W/kg (head) 0.44 W/kg (body)

Does the box or the phone have CE Logos and stuff.:-D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still using Samsung Grand Duos with custom lollipop installed.
Wait for Asus Zenfone 2 to be release in India. Its going to under 20k segment.

I dont like the samsung white brick look at all.Need a black kind of slim phone

Wait for Zenfone 2, it should be released by April
Also upgrade of Yureka is coming this April....

So hang on to your phone for few more months, it would be worth the wait

$hadow

Geek in making
Waiting for zenphone 2 is a option but along that Xiaomi redmi 2 is soon going to available for flash sale.

Top Bottom