Upgrade advise : Sony NEX 6 to a6500 (APSC) or A7MIII (full frame)

Upgrade from Sony NEX 6 (APSC) to

• Total voters
OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
GST Council reduces GST Rates of 23 goods and services; revised rates effective from January 1, 2019

Lets see how quickly this gets passed on to the consumer

sujoyp

Grand Master
Prices started dropping apparently
Great..but frankly i have lost interest in new gears..i keep an eye on used ones..new technology maybe high on featues but does not justify the price.

I am more interested on d750 and sony a7m2 or even sony rx10m3 and pana fz2500

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Hmmm....a Sony A7 mark 2 user here. IMO, don't really go into the lens mount debate. I'm using Sony lenses, specially the awesome 85/1.8 and it is just too good for the price. Most of the Sigma lenses are also available for E-mount now. There is Tokina (and Tamron) with excellent lenses....and the Chinese and Korean lenses are good too. With current generation Sony/Nikon/Canon, camera is rarely a limitation- it is the user who is detrimental to the performance. FF or APS-C ? Hmm, Sigma has some nice cheap APS-C lenses which can be used for "pro" work. But a safer bet is A7iii.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Some advise on how much better a full frame is in low light vs APSC. Plus with the a7II had apps support as well which I'm going to miss in the a7III (don't ask, sony is just crazy)

Been a fan of the 85mm, the shots from it are absolutely amazing

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
launch of the new camera solve the problem I had with not having a timelapse app. Seems like apps might make a return to the store as well

raja manuel

In the zone
The a6400 does look interesting. The only drawback I can immediately spot in it (for a lower end camera) is the screen which only flips up but does not articulate. $900 is hardly cheap and I would have thought that articulating screens would be standard in enthusiast cameras. The articulating screen is one of my favourite features on my 600D. I did not expect to use it in as many situations as I do. It is really great for tripod work.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The a6400 does look interesting. The only drawback I can immediately spot in it (for a lower end camera) is the screen which only flips up but does not articulate. $900 is hardly cheap and I would have thought that articulating screens would be standard in enthusiast cameras. The articulating screen is one of my favourite features on my 600D. I did not expect to use it in as many situations as I do. It is really great for tripod work.
Its very useful for macro...i find it really difficult to take macro by moving camera at an angle where i cant see what its shooting.

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom