Updating Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
I have recently bought a asus a8n-e mobo, do i have to update the bios? wat difference does it make? pls suggest.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have updated my Asus A8N-E three times to the present V.1013 despite all the warnings in this forum. Always it was done over internet only, using Asus Update. (I hate floppies). There was never any problem other than that sometimes their website is too busy.

Even in the least probable scenario of something going wrong, you can easily revert back to the original Bios simply by using your Mobo CD.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. if u don't face any severe problem then i'd say no need to upgrade .. the new A8N-E's .. i.e. rev. 3 ones are quite stable enuf .. the latest bios only adds support for the 7950GX2 .... so unless ur going to get one ... no need to update ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
deathvirus_me said:
Well .. if u don't face any severe problem then i'd say no need to upgrade .. the new A8N-E's .. i.e. rev. 3 ones are quite stable enuf .. the latest bios only adds support for the 7950GX2 .... so unless ur going to get one ... no need to update ...

Most possibly you are correct. I was having a Re.2 board.
Secondly, in my case, I was just experimenting to see whether it was so diifficult or dangerous as is commonly believed, when Asus was promising that it is possible to revert back using their CD. And in my previous boards, it was really difficult and dangerous.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1)If you have no problem with your current system, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR BIOS.

2)If you feel that you have a problem and have done your best to solve it and the only thing remaining to be tried is the bios then:
1)Read whatever is written on the bios site, insturctions, drivers required etc.
2)Download the bios and the utility.
3)Make a back up of the previous bios.
4)Update the bios through the utility and saved file on the computer, not through the internet.
5)If something goes wrong while updating you can loose your mobo and may need to buy a new one.
6)Keep in mind that people are having overclocking problsm with newer bioses of asus a8n e, do google before you decide on a bios, I would say don't take 1013 as it gives oc problems, read it.

Unless you are having problems, do not update the bios. Befroe you can even think od updating the bios, make sure that you have tried things like formatting, newer nforce drivers, graphic drivers etc before you can blame the bios responsible for your problems.

It is something which is serious and not a joke. Asus has made it very easy to implement but its consequences always need not to so forward coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom