Unreal Engine 4 Crowned as the Topper

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Leaving behind some top-notch game engines such as Unity 5 and CryEngine, Unreal Engine 4 has won the title of number one engine in the tech list

Read more at

Unreal Engine 4 is the Best Video Game Engine According to Developers - Unity 5, CryEngine and More Follow

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
may be Cryengine is more complex to use and not friendly enough to devs, Crytek is already in some trouble. Though they have totally bashed it as a false claim..but something's not right...I mean wrong enough for it to become a news.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This is not surprising, the sheer number of unreal 3.0 games is just .. too many
Its only fair that UE 4.0 deserve the top spot...
Sadly, I personally dislike many UE 3.0 games because of one particular reason - Slow loading textures.. happened with Thief, Batman Arkham City and a couple of others

CryEngine is a really badass engine but its nowhere near as flexible or powerful as UE 4.0.. Heck the UE 4.0 can run on a mobile GPU with Graphics Quality almost equal to 7th gen consoles, just see the rivalry trailer on youtube and judge yourself.. Add to the fact that UE 4.0 uses a 5% royalty for commercial use after a particular level of revenue has reached, unlike CryEngine where you have to purchase licence first, I think its a better way, especially for indie developers ...

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
The success of UE4 would also depend on how well the in-house games of epic would do. If Fortnite or UT4 are anything like Gears of war or the old UT, the next generation of gaming will be dominated by Unreal engine again.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
UT4 is going to be free of cost so I think it could become pretty popular quickly. Also, that means greater support by modders.

Top Bottom