Unlocked cellphones bought from America not working with IDEA INDIA

shejin983

Broken In
I bought an Unlocked Nokia 5300 Xpress Music from America. It is not detecting the carriers like idea, bsnl etc in India. But it works well with other carriers like airtel, docomo etc. What should I do to get it working with "idea" carrier. ? The phone is already unlocked. The same issue is with other cellphones bought from america. Please help me.

pauldmps

Banned
Some networks are GSM 900 & some are GSM 1800.

In the US, networks are GSM 850 & 1900.It might be possible that the handset does not support the proper band.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Pauldmps

I agree with you. In India, we only use two frequencies... 900 Mhz and 1800 Mhz. Most of the time, its 900 Mhz...

Most phones these days are atleast triband if not quadband or pentaband... So, I don't know why Shejin's phone did not work...

I bought an Unlocked Nokia 5300 Xpress Music from America. It is not detecting the carriers like idea, bsnl etc in India. But it works well with other carriers like airtel, docomo etc. What should I do to get it working with "idea" carrier. ? The phone is already unlocked. The same issue is with other cellphones bought from america. Please help me.

Recently, My friend also purchased Nokia E63 from Australia which was not working here in India though most of the phones comes with dual band these days. He went to grey market and they did some lock/unlock stuff and he's enjoying the phone now.

OP
S

shejin983

Broken In
but the same problem is on other cellphones too... like HTC G1 (google android phone).. it is Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
850/900/1800/1900 MHz

But it works fine on airtel... But idea is not detecting... Please tell me any solution....

pauldmps

Banned
What does not work? I mean no-signal or something else.

Try contacting Idea customer service & ask them. There will be no problem if you tell them that you have brought it from the US & got it unlocked.

Top Bottom