• Airtel

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • BSNL

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
netcruise is actually MTS service sold under vodafone name. you will need to visit nearby cell shop to install a sim tray and unlocking this is through CDMA workshop.

cool, and then can I use this with services like photon + or reliance netconnect? Is there some kind of sim available for them too?

Pratul_09

Journeyman
cool, and then can I use this with services like photon + or reliance netconnect? Is there some kind of sim available for them too?

Yes you can use netconnect and photon but the dashboard needs to be replaced to chinanet. PM me for unlocking support

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^ @Pratul, a Help from you brother.
What is the ZTE chip used by the VODAFONE K3770-Z 3G USB Modem?
I searched the ZTE web-site ,but seems to search in vain.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^why do you need this info?don't unnecessarily complicate things.simply use the default install & check if aircel sim works(it should according to someone i asked).remember when it comes to pc/mobile hardware/software the golden rule is:"if it ain't broke don't fix it".

kg11sgbg

^^ Truly said.
But for connecting the 3G USB Modem(K3770-Z) to my new VeeDee E10 Tablet(RECEIVED TODAY), I wanted to know the specs., fully. As I was browsing the Tablet,it was asking for the chipset name of 3G connection in ordered to be connected.

For Aircel sim to work(I have a 3G activated Aircel sim also), I want to use up the Vodafone (Rs.251/-, 1GB,30 days, Prepaid) package first.
Since,what Pratul_09 has referred,earlier,that this 3G USB modem is software locked!!!
Until & unless I change the dashboard settings,I am not going to take a risk.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
give any name.i don't think your tablet will actually cross check name with some kind of hardware info.also risk is in installing new dashboard.if aircel sim doesn't work you can always install new dashboard later but if it works then no need to take any risk.i was told by someone that it should work without doing any thing extra like installing new dashboard so why not check it first.

Pratul_09

Journeyman
he is right try first with default dashboard. if not working then ask here.
IMO this will not work in tablet. tablet mostly support huawei E220 only

kg11sgbg

@pratul you are fully correct,,this tablet works on, CDMA 3G dongles only ,as per the list of supported 3G dongles list
It is present inside settings.

@whitestar,my friend,I was unable to connect to the network using 'AIRCEL' sim card. The dongle is 'software locked' as mentioned by pratul.I have to unlock the dongle software and proceed for change in Dashboard.For the vodafone 3G activated sim,it is working as breeze in Winxdows-7 and also in Fedora-17.

I am writing these comments through VeeDee E10 Tablet, through ethernet connection,with the help of an USB-to-LA!N dongle(Rs.200/-) purchased from chandni mkt. Kolkata today.But a very painful experience in the wrist.
Network : BSNL DataOne Broadband plan ULD 900

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
a little correction to my earlier post.it seems that even mtnl cap speeds after 100gb so right now there is no truly unlimited 3g plan in India.also i suggest ZTE modems.buy huwaei only if it is K series(like k4505) but then it is much costlier than zte & stay away from E series(people actually have melted sim inside E1732).

@whitestar_999: Any advice for device Huawei e303c? seemingly this is coming unlocked with new aircel connection now for ~Rs800.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
huawei 303c(there is a 303 model too,avoid that)seems good.the problem is to really test a 3g usb modem you have to use it continuously for 3-4 hours on 3g downloading(preferred but only possible for UL plans with FUP)/surfing to see if they are over-heating(normal heating is expected).

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
^^ Truly said.
But for connecting the 3G USB Modem(K3770-Z) to my new VeeDee E10 Tablet(RECEIVED TODAY), I wanted to know the specs., fully. As I was browsing the Tablet,it was asking for the chipset name of 3G connection in ordered to be connected.

For Aircel sim to work(I have a 3G activated Aircel sim also), I want to use up the Vodafone (Rs.251/-, 1GB,30 days, Prepaid) package first.
Since,what Pratul_09 has referred,earlier,that this 3G USB modem is software locked!!!
Until & unless I change the dashboard settings,I am not going to take a risk.

Were you able to use this vodafone - zte k3770-z device on other networks ?
@pratul @whitestar : the privious version sold by vodafone had same model number but it was a huawei device and that needed a new dashboard and wallah it worked - atleast that's what I am able to gather info here. the newer k3770-z is a zte-192 device and seemingly not working on BSNL networks even after unlocking - strange.
This device came back on my list to buy because of price..

Last edited:

neiba

Right off the assembly line
cant get signal from from other service except Reliance.

Hi can any expert help me.. i bought a datacard Hauwei model no E353 ( 21.6 Mbps) they say can use any network fom ebay . am able to use any number of reliance sim without any problem but when i insert other sim provider like AIRCEL/AIRTEL/VODAFONE it keep on searching for network network. it doesnt get signal wheras it work perfectly in mobile. neither it ask for unlock number. whats the problem with this.

Top Bottom