• BSNL

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
D

dabster

In the zone
Re: cant get signal from from other service except Reliance.

Hi can any expert help me.. i bought a datacard Hauwei model no E353 ( 21.6 Mbps) they say can use any network fom ebay . am able to use any number of reliance sim without any problem but when i insert other sim provider like AIRCEL/AIRTEL/VODAFONE it keep on searching for network network. it doesnt get signal wheras it work perfectly in mobile. neither it ask for unlock number. whats the problem with this.

1st thing reach back to yr seller on ebay.

@whitestar: must tell you, you were right huawei isn't reliable - there modems get heated up.
Bought a bundled Tata docomo 3g dongle e177 huawei - it gets heated up bad within 2 hrs on any cont big downloads.

In normal usage I see another problem. the led color is light blue(cyan) and till then it works completely fine - but the color light keeps on changing to solid dark blue if internet not used for sometime - and at times when u start using again it changes color to light blue and works - I assume(?) this is some normal power saving ways of modem. The problem i see is at times the color stays in solid blue(doesn't change to light blue) and no page loads.. all this time mobile partner says i am connected. I have to disconnect and re-connect for internet to work..
Is this problem with modem? or with network of docomo..

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ It's quite possible that the LED colour is changing because of the change in network connectivity. Now a days they've started rolling out modems having colour changing led's to signify the change in network. For example, my dongle (Lava 720G) has an LED which shows blinking Red when its unable to find the network, Blue when it finds an EDGE network, Purple when in GPRS, Green when in 3G mode and there's one Yellow, I don't remember what's that for, and over this to signify whether it's connected or not, the LED blinks when not connected and glows continuously when in connected mode.
I'll suggest check the manual of your data card.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
@cyberkid - yep. first thing i did. light blue means its a 3G+ network, blue solid means 3G. led keeps on going between solid dark blue to light blue at times.. no internet when its dark blue. wondering if its faulty.. :/

Top Bottom