Unistalling Problem....... !!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr123

Broken In
I installed EA Sports FIFA game on my system.

But for some anonymous reasons, it refuses to run. :( So, I tried uninstalling it. But the uninstall.exe in the game folder does not work.

To make matters worse, the game is not listed in the 'Add/Remove Softwares' list in the 'Control Panel' too. :(

I cannot risk deleting the game folder as it may delete important shared driver files and result in crashing my windows. This has happened before.

As the game folder is taking up too much of my hard disk space, is there any way that I can uninstall it without harming the registry or even delete it ??? :confused:

Thanx.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I cannot risk deleting the game folder as it may delete important shared driver files and result in crashing my windows. This has happened before.

dont worry... Deleting a Program file folder wont going to cause you lose important shared driver files, and quite sure that your window wont crash because of deleting the EA Games folder under the Program files.. unless you have eidted Registry manually to make sure windows store the important shared files and driver files in to the EA Games folder under program files, you may go head deleting it...

Though I suggest you may take help of a software called CCleaner ..

:)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
before deleting it, just pop in the Game Disk, it'll ask whether to Un-install or not.

try & report back.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Programs dont have any important drivers which win shares. First delete the dir. Then use CCleaner to clean invalid registry entires, shortcuts, etc. Report back after trying. :)

OP
S

sr123

Broken In
Thanx Guys.... :)

Saurav, thanx for the 'ccleaner' s/w. I'm going to try it. At least before trying to delete the game folder.

s18000rpm, I did try inserting the game disk for the uninstall option, but it doesn't say so. Neither does it have the uninstall.exe file in its folder. But you were right in suggesting that because most games usually ask for the uninstall option on inserting the cd.

The Unknown, I just got a bit scared coz the last time I deleted some folders, my windows crashed. But I'll try using ccleaner and then report back the results.

Thanx a lot Guys.... :eek:

Problem solved.......!!! :p

CCleaner did the job for me. The unrequired game folder was removed clean by using CCleaner.

I think that's a great utility to rid your system from unnecessary files and folders.

Thanx a lot Guys... :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom