Uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework

Charley

Just Do It
I have these .NET Framework versions. Can you tell me which ones to uninstall ? It's taking a lot of space on my hard disk.

*img46.imagevenue.com/loc150/th_11427_11_122_150lo.JPG

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
None.

Because uninstalling them may broke something else.

Well those packages gets installed due to some dependency of some other package. So uninstalling them may broke those dependent packages and those may not work correctly.

So I'd recommend, don't uninstall them if you don't know how it got installed and which packages may need that.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
No, I installed them, long time ago, so that one program could work. It was for a TV player to view channels.

None.

Because uninstalling them may broke something else.

Well those packages gets installed due to some dependency of some other package. So uninstalling them may broke those dependent packages and those may not work correctly.

So I'd recommend, don't uninstall them if you don't know how it got installed and which packages may need that.

sakumar79

Technomancer
When you are working in Windows, one of the famous sayings that is to be remembered is: "If it aint broke, dont fix it". Unless you are facing problems due to the .NET framework, why not just let it be? Also, remember that a framework not needed by any tools in your PC now may still be needed for some software that you may download in the future...

If you still insist on removing, and are not sure what dependencies are present from other software, you can consider removing all of them and then, if a program gives issues with running due to missing framework, you can re-install/repair the program to get the particular framework back...

Arun

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's right. Generally these programs gets installed automatically. May be there's no direct dependency. Like say a package is dependent on MS VC++ Redistributable which in again depends on .NET Framework.

So as I said before, if you didn't installed all these, probably chances are those are required by some Application installed in your PC to run properly.

Anyway, I don't think uninstalling those frameworks can give you much space. Better try CCleaner to clean out junks etc.

Top Bottom